Sign in to follow this  
Gary Chase

Redo of a Kenworth T600

1 hour ago, Brian Conn said:

...been fallowing your progress with interest.....looks as if that tank was a build unto itself.

This was built as a medium duty tank, similar to what we used in the injection molding industry. I think if I did another tank, I would change the design some to reflect the size I built. I wanted to do a hopper bottom although I tried several funnels. None of my glues would adhere to the PVC walls. 

10 hours ago, Brian Conn said:

...Would Oatey PVC cement work?

I will need to get some and try it next time, it was the funnel that looks to be made of polypropylene that didn’t stick. 

3 hours ago, Gary Chase said:

................................... it was the funnel that looks to be made of polypropylene that didn’t stick. 

For polypropylene, I would use J.B Weld High Strength Plastic Bonder...it comes in 2 choices, one dries in a Tan color the other dries in Black and both can be sanded after 30 min's.  AND if you look on the front of the package, it says "HD Truck Approved" so you know it was meant for truck builds....right?  :)

15 minutes ago, Brian Conn said:

For polypropylene, I would use J.B Weld High Strength Plastic Bonder...it comes in 2 choices, one dries in a Tan color the other dries in Black and both can be sanded after 30 min's.  AND if you look on the front of the package, it says "HD Truck Approved" so you know it was meant for truck builds....right?  :)

😂🤣😂🤣……I definitely will get some of that

JB Weld makes good stuff!

It's a really successful company making da best adhesive products that was started by an ol' boy in a shed on his farm outside of Sulphur Springs , Texas. The farm's still there (now with improved farmhouse), right next to the main plant, and it still has one of the original JB Weld trailers parked out by the fence next to the highway.

Gotta love it!

Johnny

• Like 1

Finally getting back to work on the truck, new grill in, glass in, interior done, exhaust assembled and ready to install. Got to adjust how the cab sits on the frame. Sleeper is getting repainted. IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.df800be9a555b2a9d51d2917bd76d169.jpeg

Making progress, can see the finish line on this build. Got to finish the skirts, put together the mirrors, rear deck and air line hookups. IMG_1716.thumb.jpeg.158822925f877b43fa92c7062fa50af0.jpegIMG_1717.thumb.jpeg.4b1afb43cba7bef50231c673a290fceb.jpeg

IMG_1719.thumb.jpeg.8cf8b517f38f58954339de7c5dc71511.jpegTook all afternoon to modify the skirts for the exhaust to route under the truck, build and detail one skirt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny M said:

Whoa ! Super nice details ! Looks great 😎

Johnny

Always a fool for fuel stickers

Thanks, hope to wrap this up today.