Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


About vincen47

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

342 profile views
  1. vincen47

    Reo Gold Comet

    Truly a work of art in the making. Your master is already a work of art in itself.
  2. vincen47

    Transtar II Log Truck

    Great looking truck! I really like the engine, you don’t see many people use 6v92 Detroits in their builds. I agree that it needs to be reissued. It’s got to be one of the most requested truck reissues out there. It’s an incredibly popular model today, I’m seeing a lot of guys building them, especially lately.
  3. vincen47

    Revell Peterbilt 359 Farm Truck

    Thanks again guys. Yes, these are good kits, especially with a few additions. I agree, the number one thing - replace the kit wheels and tires. That itself goes a long way.
  4. vincen47

    Diamond Reo Apollo C-11664

    Beautiful truck, that paintwork is wonderful.
  5. vincen47

    Mashpee 354 is finished.

    Museum quality builds, what a great tribute to the heroes who operated the 1:1 trucks.
  6. vincen47

    Revell Peterbilt 359 Farm Truck

    Thanks guys, I imagined it as if it had just come in from the fields during a wet harvest. Run on a budget, the owner only replaces individual tires and other parts as needed.
  7. vincen47

    Freightliner FLC120

    Nice weathering. The wheels are excellent, great job with those. Wheels are often overlooked, I think. Like my wife would say about shoes, they make the whole outfit come together.
  8. vincen47

    Ford LTL 9000

    Wow that’s an excellent rig, and you don’t see wet kits very often on models though they’re common on trucks like that. That’s a great added detail. I agree, that LTL generation is one of the best looking trucks out there, they look like they mean business.
  9. vincen47

    Quarantine Builds

    The Johnson international is really nice, and the graphics on the Kenworth are superb. The soot on the trailer is a nice touch.
  10. vincen47

    Quarantine Builds

    Good idea for a thread. You’ve had some worthwhile bench time, I see. My favorite is the snowplow. Really nice builds. I’ve spent much more time at the workbench myself, mostly car builds and misc. snap kits with my 4 year old, but very enjoyable. When I finish up a truck project I’ll add it here.
  11. Here’s a 359 I built about 18 months ago, but never posted here. Representing a modern day version of a truck that is still serving it’s owner well after all the years. I posted it on the MCM forum, so some of you may have seen it already. It was an enjoyable build, and my second venture into weathering, which I now find to be much easier to build than a showroom clean model - it’s harder to screw it up, mistakes can be disguised. Thanks for checking it out.
  12. vincen47

    Peterbilt 357

    Even more compliments to you for kitbashing and scratch building that fantastic trailer! I agree that Facebook takes traffic away from sites like this. I’m not on Facebook, but I do occasionally browse the MTDG. I’ve noticed that while there are great builders posting on there, I see a lot of junk, to put it simply. Not just in the builds, but poorly written descriptions, bad photos, etc. I don’t expect everyone to produce museum-quality replicas with professional photography and magazine-worthy articles, but I’ve noticed that the forums (MTB and MCM) tend to be more consistent in the level of quality you see, and thus, the inspiration that follows.
  13. vincen47

    Peterbilt 357

    That’s a beautiful truck, and one of the best looking GW Trucks’ (I assume) dump trailers I’ve seen. Really impressive work. Btw, I hope things pick up here too. I should be part of the solution, not the problem, by posting more here, myself. Besides, The MCM forum really annoyed me by getting rid of the “Truck Stop” by merging it with the general car discussion. I pleaded my case with them, but to no avail. Three separate racing categories, both in WIP and under glass, but no room for a single separate truck discussion. This forum should be a better oasis for truck modeling, anyway.
  14. vincen47

    Wal-Mart Navistar.

    Excellent work, shows great attention to detail. I love the fleet look - you captured it well.
  15. vincen47

    Just joined

    That’s too bad about the 3d printed hood. I was curious about the Shapeways items, they have several things for 1/24 scale Peterbilts. The only 1/24 379 resin hood that’s available at this time, I believe, is from Gary at GW Trucks (GWTrucks@yahoo.com). I’ve seen a few photos of models using his conversion and it looks good. P&P’s is very nice, but out of stock, and Jamie at Moluminum has one, but it is 1/25 scale. He has a lot of other great stuff, though. Hope this helps, you’ve got a great model started already.