Sign in to follow this  
Chris K

Post Apocalypses RV

This is currently my only truck build.   It's meant to be a Post Apocalypses RV that was patched together from various bits to roam the wasteland.   I started with an Autocar Dump Truck and Italeri 20' Container.  Reefer unit converted to HVAC system, Air Filtration, Power Fan, Custom front bumper and a frame mounted generator to name a few of the upgrades.    Stretched frame, new wheels and tires, pusher axle and many 3d printed parts leads us to where we are today.  Occasionally I add a few more bits to it as I find or design files.

Hope you enjoy, I know it's a bit different from what you're used to.

IMG_20240108_205333158_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240108_205347000_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240108_205356355_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240108_205404025_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240108_205421122_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240108_205431827_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys.   I still piddle with it now and then, add things make improvements.   When I first built it I wanted it to look like the builder just slipped a piece of pipe in where the stack was, but now I keep thinking I need to make it look like they supported it at the top of the cab.   Little things like that.

Edited by Chris K

..........Interesting build. 

This bears more than just a striking resemblance to some of the oil field trucks I've seen down around Great Bend, Ks.  Some of the trucks are X-Army 6X6's others are the usual makes that are found in the oil fields.  Like yours, they tend use the conex/road-railer containers for storage, to house generators, shops, field offices, etc. etc.         

• Like 1

...I see from the link you provided (build thread) that you did some printing.....looking to getting into that myself.....couple of questions:

1)  Did you scan anything or just printed from files?  I'm leaning towards wanting to scan since I build masters of pieces that I resin cast...seems to me that the scan-print process would be easier/quicker vs. making a mold and resin casting.

2) Is the process fairly easy as far as printing in a particular scale (1:25) or scales of the same item. (1:32 and 1:25) 

I didn't do any scanning.     How I came up with my parts depended on what I was doing.    With the kit parts, such as the frame extension I simply measured the kit part and duplicated those dimensions.    Other parts, such as the reefer and APU.....I found a bit of dimensional information on the internet and then just interpreted the rest based on those dimensions and photos.

Once you have an item modeled, it's pretty easy to re-scale it to another size.