Jersee Jerry55

New project started

Hello all, hope all are well. I am starting my FAVORITE model tuck of all time. The International 4070A. This was really the model that got me going way back in 1976 as the ERTL issue. Fully knowing that I am not the most talented builder is where my trepidation lies on this build. I painted the cab last year and she was put away. Impressed by what Round 2 has presented us sans a lot of the chrome from the 1970's issued kit. I will use the Loadmasters decals as the pictures of the model inside the instructions booklet are what has always been an awesome memory. The only thing I was perplexed by is why they never made the pictures in the instructions in color. I always envisioned the solid painted cab as Testors Red. My example will obviously be Blue and I had a can of Testors One Coat Lacquer DeJa Blue aching to be used. Probably spokes all around for this fleet unit. Will post as I go along. Thanks for looking.

4070A 005.jpg

4070A 004.jpg

4070A 003.jpg

4070A 002.jpg

4070A 001.jpg

• Like 1

Great start to your build...What did you use to de-chrome the tanks?  I have a set of chrome tanks that came with the Ford/Garwood trash truck kit that I would like to use for the build , but I need them to look less flashy and more trash truck like.

5 minutes ago, Brian Conn said:

Great start to your build...What did you use to de-chrome the tanks?  I have a set of chrome tanks that came with the Ford/Garwood trash truck kit that I would like to use for the build , but I need them to look less flashy and more trash truck like.

LA’s Awesome degreaser found at Dollar General. The tanks for the most part lost the chrome in about a couple of hours.

Brian if your just looking to dull the chrome down to look more like aluminum try spraying some mate clear coat on them it takes them down very nicely.