Sign in to follow this  
Jersee Jerry55

Picked up today

Hello and hope everyone is well. At a nearby Hobby Lobby today and picked this up. First off, I'm not gonna lie 40% off is 40% off. Secondly the usual suspects were not there so after seeing this little lady last Saturday and was hoping she be waiting. Of course, she was. That being said a few things. I had a started version back in 1978 which was given to by a friend who painted her with Testors bottle enamels and used water to clean the brushes. Okay to each his own. Therefore, I turn back to the members of the page. Firstly, I could use suggestions on the build process. Issues, fit, ease of building it. What colors would be suggested? As opposed than its predecessors the F700, and those from the 1950's I am fully aware this tractor was geared towards the O/O. Also I would appreciate any pictures if you don't mind. Thank you in advance.

Mack Cruiseliner.jpg

Nice catch!

If the main body parts are already that nice yellow, how about going with some kind of black two-tone. That way it'll not only be my favorite colors, but you'll only have to mask and spray it once and you won't have to mask between the colors.  OR you could just wrap the part you want black with some of that fabulous VViViD gloss black tape and not have to paint at all -- OK, I know, that would be extremely lazy, but it would look just as good as a rattle can paint job and be way easier.

Just a thought.

Johnny

(the lazy guy who loves dem DeWalt tools cuz -- well, you know.)