Sign in to follow this  
trucker

Needle Nose Pete

started with an amt 359 kit modified to a needle nose. I always wanted to do one.

I started by cutting up the hood and grille, then used fenders from a revell snap kit kenworth w900.

I stretched the frame and dropped it in the weeds, also dropped the cab onto the frame and made the hood tilt.

moebius tires and wheels are also used. the project stalled three months ago as I lost some mojo.

the bug hit me again when I saw the 3d models posted by casey especially the needle nose he posted.

I even found the color sage green and sprayed the hood this morning. here are some pics and will post more as progress develops.

IMG_0793_zpsrfdfoymy.jpg

IMG_0782_zpssuhyof5i.jpg

IMG_0784_zps2nzmn7zv.jpg

IMG_0795_zpsxselwszg.jpg

IMG_0849_zpsasqqmcks.jpg

IMG_0854_zpslik47h0b.jpg

IMG_1285_zps7hf7im9i.jpg

IMG_1287_zpsndwuv2q6.jpg

IMG_1284_zps6ptha82f.jpg

more progress on the pete last night ,

I ended up swapping out the front steer axle/wheel and tire set up from a revell snap pete kit.

had to narrow it about a 1/8 inch so it would clear the front fenders.

also used the rear tires from the snap kit mounted on some spare amt freightliner wheels.

the battery boxes , lower exhaust pipes , and exhaust pipe brackets were also pirated from the pete snap kit.

the front filler panels behind the front fenders along with the mounting brackets came from a revel of G 359 junker in the parts box.

couldn't resist doing a mockup , it's starting to get that mean look that i'm after.

IMG_1301_zpsamhr29ew.jpg

IMG_1303_zpshuay29kf.jpg

IMG_1305_zpst2uzamvq.jpg

latest progress :

basic frame assembled and painted , rear fender mounts made and rear fenders painted.

here is the mockup

20160903_093941_zpsscpicpof.jpg

IMG_1321_zps4bexcdh9.jpg

Edited by trucker
  • Like 1