Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

International Incident

I've spent the weekend so far piddling around with three projects, all of which turned out to be Internationals. So...

003_zpsdzheqbvi.jpg

The Fleetstar is the AITM cab kit, on the Transtar Eagle 4300 chassis I had left over from the "Hidden Agenda" 4300. The wheels are the five-hole discs from a Paystar, which also coughed up the fuel tanks, air tanks, and battery box. I think I may cut down the wheelbase- it's a bit too "East Coast" for me as it sits right now, but I suppose we'll see.

004_zps4q07sblj.jpg

ProStar day cab, using the cab and steel bumper from Models By Dave. This will be hooked up to my 53' reefer if all goes to plan. 

005_zpsbipl5ilt.jpg

And finally, a post-apocalyptic styled Paystar 5000, which is being built from spare parts and castoffs from other projects. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AutocarJones said:

That fleetstar looks cool. Id leave the wheelbase as is. Maybe throw a mercury on it to shorten it up?

I agree.  Looking forward to watching the progress on these, especially the Fleetstar,

The Prostar and Fleetstar have see little action since the last time, but the Paystar has grown a few appendages. 

14195476_1801182350165822_37852813909756

The old 'binder is now armed with a 105 recoilless rifle mounted atop a platform over the cab... that should keep any marauders at bay. I also added a "blast screen" over the windshield, and used an air cleaner from a junked Payhauler 350 kit.

14257609_1801182290165828_43747577727180

A little "corrugated tin" was used to make some rear fenders.

14231916_1801182383499152_11519047947757

Here's an overall shot, showing the fenders and bumper. The taillights are just self-adhesive rhinestones from a craft shop. The platform is made up of an old Peerless headache rack and a G-scale stairway from Plastruct. The exhaust pipe is slash-cut Evergreen styrene tubing. 

It also has a name now...

14195462_1801182490165808_78022330038093

• Like 1

Very cool.  I love the weathering and the 105 is awesome.  Looks like something out of Mad Max.

Spent the morning fixing a couple of broken mirrors on some Western Stars. That must have bumped the planets back into alignment, because I dug out a stalled truck project! The Fleetstar now has a windshield gasket (and a quick test fit of the "glass" was encouraging), and the wheelbase is now 24 scale inches shorter. 

103_1774.JPG

103_1775.JPG

Good lookin fleetstar. I have built a few of them myself.the windshield surround looks good! I used the same half round stock that I used around windshield to place in the grill. I would post a picture but not sure how to...

More work on the Fleetstar. The replacement blue hood was resprayed in white to give the look of a unit repaired on the cheap years ago. Some of the trim and detail painting has also been done. 

103_1801.JPG

Fleetstar is inching ever closer... basically just needs the exhaust and a few other little things at this point.

103_1819.JPG

Remember that ProStar? It was back on the bench today as well. The chassis was cut down to 185"

103_1820.JPG

The Fleetstar is *almost* done. Today I added the trailer lines and a straight pipe with a modified White Freightliner bracket. 103_1825.JPG

• Like 1