Jump to content

Chariots of Fire

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


1 Follower

About Chariots of Fire

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. 5 minute epoxy is mixed 1:1 parts A and B. Best thing about it is that it does not set up immediately but allows for location adjustment. Secures to just about any surface including resin. Can be found in small packages at hardware stores and big box stores. It will move so parts to be secured should be set flat or otherwise held in position until the epoxy is fully cured.
  2. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    HI, Vince. Saw your post on MCM forum. Sorry to say the number of modern pieces I have is quite small. And most of them go back to the 80's and 90's. This is the first real modern rig I have done in some time.
  3. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    The body is now in primer and a pump panel is set in place just to see how it looks. The actual panel has a much different layout. This one came direct from the Trumpeter ALF kit. The kit panel has the large diameter gate valve like what is shown; a nice detail that I will keep for further projects. All I did to the panel was paint it flat black, add the three polished aluminum face plates around the discharges and to the rest up with Bare Metal Foil and a Molotow pen. I'll prime the body one more time and sand lightly before going to final paint. The body will be red with silver roll up doors. The orange/yellow striping on the sides will be extended full length. The rear will get the red/yellow treatment the same as the front bumper.
  4. Chariots of Fire

    15.8L Caterpillar 3406E Custom Reman

    Nice piece of work! Lots and lots of details. I like it!
  5. Chariots of Fire

    1948 Sterling HC 175

    Dennis: Are you using the AITM casting for the cab and hood? Give a shout it I can help in any way.
  6. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    Here's where we are as of now. Got some of the basic body work done in the last couple of days.
  7. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    I used the Trumpeter kit for the chassis. It was lengthened about 12 scale inches. The interior tub also came from the kit but has been heavily modified. The cab itself is scratch built. The only things that came from other sources are the rear view mirrors (Trumpeter again) and the headlight bezels (Daniel Gailloux castings). The castings were modified with a curved base to fit the curve of the cab corners. Then they were painted gloss black and then Alclad chrome. Decals are computer generated and ALPS printed. Try and find some old AMT or Revell kits of police cars, ambulances or the ALF 900 series trucks. They have lights/beacons that you can use. Once model shows come back you may also find some in the parts boxes that many vendors bring with them.
  8. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    Got a bit more done on it. Headlights, mirrors and front discharge piping all are in place now. The piping is behind the siren.
  9. Chariots of Fire

    Pierce Enforcer

    Been working on this rig for a while now. Lots of little stuff to make up and add. The Trumpeter ALF kit has been a good source of a lot of things including the chassis, cab interior and some detail things. Here is were we started and then where the cab work is now.
  10. Chariots of Fire

    1948 Sterling HC 175

    Thank you, Brian. AITM now has this shorter version of the Sterling cab. Doors on the hood sides, different radiator. There was also some of the casting removed from below the door line. The ones he had were all West Coast versions with a long hood and with grill opening and trim on the hood sides.
  11. Chariots of Fire

    International RF-190

    Here's a suggestion as a substitute if you don't have the Ford. Leave the bezels as is and paint the inside area with a Molotow pen or chrome paint. Also with a Molotow pen "paint" the bezels chrome. Then after it is completely dry mix up some two part epoxy and place it inside the lens area. Let it build up to where it actually is mounded some. Be careful that it does not get on the bezel. This will be the rounded face of the lens. Let that cure well. The surface will be smooth but the chrome background will make it look lens-like, I have often wondered if when the resin was almost cured if putting a thump print on it would make it resemble the reflecting surfaces of a real lens----but I always chicken out. Maybe a test shot some time!🤣 Hope this helps. Charlie
  12. Chariots of Fire

    International RF-190

    Brian: Do you have one of the Ford snowplow kits that you've scrounged parts from? If the headlight bezels are still there sand these off and replace them with the Ford ones. That way you will have headlight lenses as well that will go with the bezels.
  13. Chariots of Fire

    AITM Mack B 61 and fuel tanker

    Another tip on glass is to make the glass fit as close to the gasket as possible by just trimming the glass so it fits just right. Then use some clear Tamiya gloss lacquer to hold it in place from the inside. It takes a bit to get the glass to fit nice all around the effect is worth it. Check out the Sterling build and you will see what I mean.
  14. Chariots of Fire

    1948 Sterling HC 175

    After several weeks and working on another project here are the photos of the finished rig. I've added the oil reservoirs, steps and battery boxes, air tanks, some mud flaps and tail lights. Calling it complete.
  15. Not exactly a truck model but something that would be towed behind one. This US Army Class 1000 trailer pump was built over the past couple of months. The 500 GPM pump is driven by a Dodge 6 cylinder engine. The engine came from a Plymouth car kit. The pump, trailer and accessories are all scratch built. Tires are resin castings and the wheels came from an AMT ALF kit. Model is 1/25 scale.