Sometimes you got to set aside a project and let it stew.  ....So, what do you do?  Start another truck.

First up, the front axle and tie rod are  pinned with small nails.
IMG_1540.thumb.jpg.bde755f7643f347cecfb443a9daca58e.jpg

Next, working to develop  a concept for the build.   
On the paint board are several photos from the internet printed on glossy paper.   
Old trucker movies are also a good source of inspiration for those who want to capture the original colors of  "their time". 

IMG_1530.thumb.jpg.76582465ddabe732775a150d9a40bf07.jpg

"Blue" on the right is giving me trouble finding  the right color match.  I will have to try custom mixing, but don't have any experience or feel for it.   My first attempts have been unsuccessful.

None of the box decals are ideal, so I will have to buy custom made ones or learn to make my own.   Does anybody have a good source?

Up next is the paint trial.   I don't want to risk ruining the cab.   A template of styrene sheet was made to mask the body and try my hand at pinstripes.
3 copies initially  are made so that I can play with the  technique and the finish coat sheen.

IMG_1538.thumb.jpg.7b04689cabd971d82f6825ddcf3085b5.jpg

A set of machinists radius gauges comes in handy.

IMG_1550.thumb.jpg.8e672e928157762992214d346caf9609.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like you're off to a great start -- Carry on, please.

And I think it's good that you've moved your toolbox over onto your cutting board -- saves all that walking back and forth across the room every time you need a tool.

Johnny

• Like 1

Tough decision. If it were me, I think I’d go with option #1 left to right. If fact, though you can’t go wrong with any of them, I think I’d rank them in order from left to right.

• Like 1

WoW -- That's beautiful! 

And thanks much for showing your steps along the way.

Well done!

Johnny

• Like 1