Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

Carolina Autocar DC100

Really nice work. Those are interesting drive tires. I’ve never seen a tread pattern like that before. Neat stuff. I imagine those came with the kit? Also, what’s the layout of the rear of the cab? Cool truck, for sure.

Edited by vincen47

8 hours ago, Johnny M said:

Wow -- that's beautiful!

Congrats -- super job.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny!

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

Really nice work. Those are interesting drive tires. I’ve never seen a tread pattern like that before. Neat stuff. I imagine those came with the kit? Also, what’s the layout of the rear of the cab? Cool truck, for sure.

Thanks Victor! I’ve only seen a tread pattern like this once in an old picture of an old International. I picked up these drive  tires from a supplier on Ebay. 
The sleeper has a button tuck bed cushion.

• Thanks 1

Driptroit, do you know what year model that truck might be, with the flat windshield? I think all the Autocars I've ever seen on the road have the later, curved, windshield. I'm guessing this one must be from the late forties. I kinda want to say they didn't introduce that set-back front axle tractor until after the war but...

As always, could be wrong.

Johnny

1 hour ago, Johnny M said:

Driptroit, do you know what year model that truck might be, with the flat windshield? I think all the Autocars I've ever seen on the road have the later, curved, windshield. I'm guessing this one must be from the late forties. I kinda want to say they didn't introduce that set-back front axle tractor until after the war but...

As always, could be wrong.

Johnny

I think 49 was the last year for this cab, but a friend of mine had one with the newer cab and I think that he said that it was a 49. With that said, I assume 49 was the transition year. I’m going to say post war to 49 model. In my research it seems like very few Autocars are exactly the same. 

Thanks, Driptroit. I think you're right, and that makes sense. 49 was a big year of change industry-wide, for cars and trucks both. Also I think I remember that Autocar shared the later curved-window cab with some of the Whites, and the setup on your truck looks strictly Autocar-only.

Anyway, great work!

Johnny

Lovely Autocar!

The Autocar Driver Cab (style we're all familiar with in the AMT kits) first came out in 1950. There are some design differences but that's the newer style cab with the curved glass. 

• Like 1

Beautiful job!  Does Mr. Rowley make custom decals? if so, do you have any contact info?

On 5/3/2023 at 5:44 PM, Cornbinder said:

Lovely Autocar!

The Autocar Driver Cab (style we're all familiar with in the AMT kits) first came out in 1950. There are some design differences but that's the newer style cab with the curved glass. 

Thanks Chuck!

3 hours ago, jpage said:

Beautiful job!  Does Mr. Rowley make custom decals? if so, do you have any contact info?

Thanks! Charles is on this forum under the name “Chariots of fire.” You can send him a pm.