D.O.T. Bob

Declining aftermarket manafacturer's

Hello ,  I haven't posted here for some time but haven't quit modeling.  I have noticed a very sharp decline of aftermarket manufacturers. Auselowe is still around . However I noticed American Industrial and now Scenes Unlimited have closed up shop and sold their remaining inventories to ST supply.   I have been 3D printing quiet a lot lately however STL files are few & far between.  *

Late entry: I just found the forums store page.

Edited by D.O.T. Bob

Yeah, there been several names in the aftermarket that have unfortunately stopped production recently. However, there is a lot of guys that have recently emerged on the 3d printing side of things. 

I have been searching the net for print files.  I have found several really nice files for Rims, fenders, bumpers and some other items worthy of printing.  Only one of which was pre-supported, No biggie there. Been keeping our Anycubic mono really busy!  Not so much for the filament printer, But I did manage a mixer drum. Not sure if mentioning the various sites names is permissible or not . 

cults3d.com has quite a few great print files for model truck builders . Here are several great creators to check out !   DUD99,  DITOMASO147, KOOTENAY3DMODELPARTS,

SCOTTSOLOMON, MACSTIAN.

I agree with the posts here. A suggestion: you can “follow” anyone you like on Cults website and/or look at their collections. I have bookmarked over a thousand 3D files of possible interest to model truck builders. Many are not 1/25 or 1/24 but you can rescale them in your slicer program. I have printed many of these and find they are extremely useful to scale model truckers. You can check out my and other users collections and judge for yourself. Happy building!