Question

Shelusan would like to ask if anyone has used Krylon all in one paint and primer for their model truck paint jobs

I am new on here and from Nova Scotia Canada

Love MTB SITE    THX

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!

No, I haven’t used it, nor do I know of anyone who has. My concern is it might be too thick, and obscure details. Of course not having tried it, I can’t say for sure. 

I’d recommend staying with hobby paints, the brands like Testors, Revell, Mr. Hobby, or Tamiya TS spray that you’d find in a hobby shop or online hobby retailer. Paint and primer that is separate, but the same brand and type is best. They’re safer for plastic and designed for model kit use, unlike other paints from the hardware store. Not to say, you may find sources and brands that work fine from the hardware store. 

I used Krylon a few years ago to do the sleeper on this model. I chose Krylon because I think it has a better gloss than RustOleum, and because one of the Krylons matched the existing color of the cab best. You can see in my poor camera photo that it doesn't quite match the cab color but that it did come out with a really nice gloss finish. That said, I didn't have to mask around any windows or other trim for this one, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Krylon with intricate masking if it had the color I was looking for.

Johnny

20230207_122430.jpg