Flat Rock Freighter

New Member Introduction

I've been sitting on three Freightliner tractors and three sets of CF doubles models for more than forty years now, and decided to get back to construction.  Haven't been "modeling" since the days of Testors glue and paint on top of a workbench made from a door in my Dad's garage, so essentially starting from scratch.  Have had some airbrush experience, but know nothing about current paint options, aftermarket parts, assembly methods, etc., but willing to learn.  My intent is to build the tractors and trailers into Consolidated Freightways livery from at least two eras.  I know they're going to need a lot of customization (e.g., four headlights to two, addition of an air start tank, White Freightliner grill change, CF logos, etc.), but I'm retired and willing to learn and take it slow, rather than rush and do it wrong.  Have dozens of original photos of CF equipment taken in the seventies and eighties for reference, as well as an original CF Graphic Identification Guide.  Have purchased a couple of books for ideas and reference, but open to any ideas/suggestions! 

Welcome aboard. I hope you find the site helpful. As you’ve already found, Brian, who posts as Driptroit 71, would be the resident expert on backdating a Freightliner to old school CF specs.

Best of luck on the project. I think you’re off to a great start by coming at it with the good perspective of taking it slow, and with a willingness to learn.