Sign in to follow this  
Brian Dutz

1950’s Peterbilt cabover

Finished this build a few weeks ago. Cab is from AITM, chassis and big stick wrecker are from the AMT kit. The rear wheels, hubs, and tires are 3D printed along with the train horns and spare tires. I need to find the door handles though, can’t seem to find them anywhere. I added the single exhaust and air intake from the International  cabover kit for something different. 

1C8931CB-1107-4955-9FEE-335E4CFE9195.jpeg

9813F6B6-FBD5-438C-AA52-1F98832573C4.jpeg

226A7A1D-617F-4415-A309-B92C521ACABB.jpeg

F05C06E0-9D64-4AD7-8904-92B6F2ED654A.jpeg

3EC2109B-1562-4816-8A87-30DFD5E441FF.jpeg

Sweeet! I always loved the looks of those bullet-nose ( bubble-nose?) Petes. You never see them around anymore, probably for good reason :).

I drove an H model Mack for a year or so; sort of like that, but not a Pete. Petes were much nicer.

Good build. The train horns are a nice touch -- they help keep the lane clear next to you.

Johnny

17 hours ago, Johnny M said:

Sweeet! I always loved the looks of those bullet-nose ( bubble-nose?) Petes. You never see them around anymore, probably for good reason :).

I drove an H model Mack for a year or so; sort of like that, but not a Pete. Petes were much nicer.

Good build. The train horns are a nice touch -- they help keep the lane clear next to you.

Johnny

Thank you. The train horns do make an impression when the unexpecting hear them!