Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

Ford LT9000 Dump Papco

Looks great. The “happy accident” of the hood and cab color difference is actually really cool, and realistic. That often happens naturally in life as the elements take their toll on paint, or when parts are replaced or repainted. The weathering is excellent overall, with the subtle dents in the tailgate are looking great. Fine work.

Wow ! 

Love the well-used look -- you really nailed it.

How did you achieve the dented look on the tailgate and dump bed sides? Is that some kind of fabric?

Johnny

19 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Looks great. The “happy accident” of the hood and cab color difference is actually really cool, and realistic. That often happens naturally in life as the elements take their toll on paint, or when parts are replaced or repainted. The weathering is excellent overall, with the subtle dents in the tailgate are looking great. Fine work.

Thanks Vince!

45 minutes ago, Johnny M said:

Wow ! 

Love the well-used look -- you really nailed it.

How did you achieve the dented look on the tailgate and dump bed sides? Is that some kind of fabric?

Johnny

Thanks Johnny! I use a very thin aluminum similar to flashing material. I glue it to the frame work and literally dent it after the glue has dried. The same effect can be done on the inside as well. Here is the inside of another ford bed that l did.

446914E5-13E5-4116-A77C-66FE8ACEF125.thumb.jpeg.ac9a462c52f3799e29fdd0f41c45e164.jpeg

Thanks guys!!!

On 11/24/2022 at 7:32 PM, Chariots of Fire said:

Aluminum foil dents!  Always something to learn that you never thought of before!  Thanks!!!!!

Thanks Charles! The aluminum is just a little heavier gauge than those aluminum throw away pans that you get at the grocery store. I've used for several things, including a leak in my roof.