Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

GW Trucks

Gary Wallace has been back for a few years, and has a pretty decent-sized catalog of parts. This is my first purchase from Gary, and I guarantee you I'll be a repeat customer.

12079927_908775502511441_469729347984312

First up is the 108" BBC hood for the AMT White Road Boss. I like the look of a long-hood, but I have to be honest, the Road Boss just doesn't look good with the 122" BBC, as depicted in the AMT kit. The 108" should cure that. He also makes the super-short 90" BBC hood, which would be perfect for a "city" tractor. Either way, they cost $15. The fenders will need a bit of filler where the extensions were glued on the master, but other than that, there are no casting blemishes whatsoever. There is a thin film of resin you'll need to remove from the grille opening... no big deal. It's razor thin.

10929171_908775505844774_551849963672620

Next up we have the set-back axle hood for the AMT Diamond Reo, which also includes the quarter fenders. Again, the part is perfectly cast, and there are no blemishes of any kind on the parts. This hood also sells for $15.

I have test-fit both hoods to the kit grilles and cabs, and I see no problems with fit. The kit parts fit to Gary's hoods just as if they were the kit-supplied pieces.

Lastly...

12091429_908775532511438_570812357464174We have the day cab panel for the Italeri Fords... the Aeromax and LTL kits. Again, perfectly cast, and the stamping/ window surround detail is very sharp. This one will set you back $5.

Gary can be contacted at gwtrucks@yahoo.com 

Another order from Gary arrived today. You can see the 127" hood for the Revell snap Peterbilt here- 

I also got the Detroit V12. I forgot to put the water crossover pipe in the group when I took the picture, but rest assured it IS included! And your eyes do not deceive you- that's two oil pans and three pairs of different exhaust manifolds provided, so you should have no trouble adapting it to whatever your pet project may be. 

004_zpsxpgdkmnp.jpg

I also picked up the Neway Lift Axle. 

005_zpsgfzmwccf.jpg