Sign in to follow this  
Chariots of Fire

A small save and rebuild

Got this little '34 Ford p/u and the others along side it at the LHS a while ago.  Here is what it looked like when I got it home.  And below is what it looks like now.

IMG_2249.thumb.JPG.417f7230cbbfff2ad807259eeefe68b8.JPGIMG_2492.thumb.JPG.d33e1b9f07248d6e8f8bce0c87c4b570.JPGIMG_2490.thumb.JPG.8cd84e6066cf4bd6ab04a3b2c3860137.JPGIMG_2496.thumb.JPG.67a9747478bea92c90431cd999e77fe4.JPG

That’s a beautiful little rig. Nice save! Great details in the bed. The tool box contents are awesome. The boom looks to be fully functional with that level of detail.

It does function, Vince.  I bought a set of gears and found large and small ones that had the same tooth arrangement.  I drilled holes in the larger ones and then fitted brass shafts to each one.  It took a bit of trial and error fitting to get the gears to mesh well and turn with the hand crank but they worked out well.

Sweet!  Love the two-tone green and black. 

How did you do the door signs -- or did you find them in your door sign drawer? :)

Also, that doesn't look too big, maybe 1:43 or 1:50? That's my favorite size range.

Johnny

4 hours ago, Johnny M said:

Sweet!  Love the two-tone green and black. 

How did you do the door signs -- or did you find them in your door sign drawer? :)

Also, that doesn't look too big, maybe 1:43 or 1:50? That's my favorite size range.

Johnny

All of the signage are decals done on my computer and ALPS printer.  The model is 1/25 scale.  Remember that these vehicles were very small in comparison to today's big pickups.  Basically the same size as a Model A Ford.

Thanks!

Looks like time to brush up on my computer skills (a lot!). I could really use some good door signs. They add that perfect touch to truck models.

Got it ! I'll get my granddaughter to teach me how  😎

Johnny

Johnny:  It's done on a graphics program and then sent to the special printer for decals.   Micrographx which is now owned by Corel, I think, is what I use.  It is vector based which means all of the line work is smooth and not pixelated like it would be if you tried to do designs in Windows Paint.

Oh many thanks -- this is great !

I will turn this info over to my computer and graphics manager next time she comes over.  I know we can take this and go with it.

I have quite a few trucks that could really use some good door signs. They're mostly 1:43 and 1:24.

Johnny