Blue Devil

Blue Devil

Hi I'm Blue Devil I drove trucks for 19 years and i met and married my wife and she didn't like trucking so i got out of it and went back to working  on them. Been doing that now for 10 years. And I decided one day to try and put a model truck together.  And it came out ok it dont look as good as the ones I see on here.. I'm starting a 2nd one and ita a cabover freightliner.  I wish I could find a Freightliner classic xl condo.like I drove . But have been able to.. but any way is some pictures of the 1st truck I done..

7 hours ago, Blue Devil said:

Hi I'm Blue Devil I drove trucks for 19 years and i met and married my wife and she didn't like trucking so i got out of it and went back to working  on them. Been doing that now for 10 years. And I decided one day to try and put a model truck together.  And it came out ok it dont look as good as the ones I see on here.. I'm starting a 2nd one and ita a cabover freightliner.  I wish I could find a Freightliner classic xl condo.like I drove . But have been able to.. but any way is some pictures of the 1st truck I done..

Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you bring a lot of experience here when it comes to real trucks. That kind of knowledge can be really helpful to the modeling community. 

For the Classic XL, I wish it was easier to find in 1/24 or 1/25 scale. There’s been a very limited number of resin conversion kits made over the years. There’s also been a few guys to make them using parts (and ingenuity) from both Italeri’s FLC and FLD kits. Either way, not easy, unfortunately. Though, I’ve seen them in 1/32 scale here and there, but that doesn’t help much when you’re into 1/24 and 1/25.

Thanks for the info on the classic xl freightliner.  And idk much about the model world just getting in it I'm working on 2nd truck. But if I can help in any way let me know

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:35 PM, vincen47 said:

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you bring a lot of experience here when it comes to real trucks. That kind of knowledge can be really helpful to the modeling community. 

For the Classic XL, I wish it was easier to find in 1/24 or 1/25 scale. There’s been a very limited number of resin conversion kits made over the years. There’s also been a few guys to make them using parts (and ingenuity) from both Italeri’s FLC and FLD kits. Either way, not easy, unfortunately. Though, I’ve seen them in 1/32 scale here and there, but that doesn’t help much when you’re into 1/24 and 1/25.

Here is some pictures of what I have done so far on 2nd truck.

20220517_224016.jpg

20220503_231049.jpg

20220503_231023.jpg

20220424_224511.jpg

20220424_224449.jpg

Comin' right along! The tanks and quarter fenders are looking good and I like the wheel treatment with the painted hubs and lugnuts.  Nice contrast.

Johnny

I may still have some door decals if you are interested. The first ones made for me  were wrong and the door shields had H I I on them like the trailers instead of H T I. Most people wouldn’t notice the difference. If you are interested in those, let me know. Looks good.

22 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I may still have some door decals if you are interested. The first ones made for me  were wrong and the door shields had H I I on them like the trailers instead of H T I. Most people wouldn’t notice the difference. If you are interested in those, let me know. Looks good.

Sure I'm interested in them I was just talking to a friend of mine about getting some signs made up.. here is my address  Lee Helms  2057 county road 6645 Banks Al 36005.  And let me know what I owe you. And I will get it to or if can help you any way let me know.. 

There some pictures of what I've gotten done so far still looks like a little kid is doing it. But it's only my second model I've ever done.. 

Beautiful ! 

The wraparound frame protector with the lines coming up through it is a nice touch. Also love the stacks and the visor!

Johnny