Jersee Jerry55

Found at Walmart

I was in my local Walmart last week and I came across this. The AMT White Western Star Coca Cola edition. I have a lot of ideas, and a lot of concerns for the kit. Not sure if I am going day cab, or sleeper. Never have done a stretch so the sleeper may be out. In any event my biggest decision as always is color(s). Most of my time I go with Blue. Easy, simple, many shades available. Could use any suggestions on paint. Also some tips on building the kit. Such as what is the easiest way to assemble the mirrors? Do I use an epoxy type cement, or super glue? Thanks.

products-AMT1160-2.jpg

Edited by Jersee Jerry55

Here’s one that looks good in a blueish-green metallic sort of color, not sure how to describe it. But, looks nice nonetheless. A day-cab collector’s show truck. Fancy, but not too fancy.
2F522A18-3DD3-4C4B-B510-8AA3F106449C.jpeg.1795b2bc14a2085d9aac337d077ff18d.jpeg

The two-tone wouldn’t be too difficult, being just the roof and the raised portion of the hood and cab. The lip would make it easier to tape and paint. Or, solid color would be fine too, imo. 

I haven’t built this kit, so I can’t speak to the mirrors. But, I imagine a small amount of CA or epoxy would work. Carefully scraping away a tiny amount of the chrome would help with the bond. After it dries, using a Molotow chrome pen to touch up the joint would work to fix any chrome issues.