Sign in to follow this  
K100

Hello!

Hi all!

I’m new to this site but looking forward to connecting and learning new techniques.  Built models 40 years ago and now looking to get back to it.  Below photos are from my old collection, circa 1980’s.   The double sleeper kenworth was a gift I made for my brother back in the 80’s, which he still has.  I used 2 kits and welded the sleeper section together to replicate his 80 inch bunk.  That model was a replica of his life size truck and I painted it with authentic kenworth paint to match his. 

Happy almost turkey day! 

0ADAF9E5-8ACC-469E-B93B-97345BA8BA1D.jpeg

2DCBA34F-8BF8-4674-9F59-5B715A29DB71.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, glad you’re here.

Welcome back to truck modeling, too.

Your builds from years ago look great. Love the stretched KW. I like the flatbed load, too.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the site and building again, it’s a great time to be a model builder - lots of great hobby products, aftermarket parts, resin, 3D printing, reissues, and new kits.

For the most part, our hobby lacks the traditional hobby shops of the past, but the internet has provided access to more products and resources of information (like this site) than ever before, not to mention being able to easily connect with fellow modelers that share your specific interests.

Thank you- I’m looking forward to it.  One cool story I have is the hobby shop from my youth is still in business!  The owner is 94 years old doing well. Still passionate about his shop and very knowledgeable.  Walking into his store is like a time machine from 1980, everything is in the same spot, lots of RC stuff, models of every type, trains etc.