Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

Ford T8000 dump

I must say, excellent all the way around. I love the treatment of the bed, reminds me of the innovative way you did the International Dump a little while back. Very effective.

The weathering is also excellent on the wheels and engine, too. Great outdoor shots, as well.

It may be subtle, but one of the best parts of the build is the finish of the ol’ reliable, basic-as-can-be, oxide red paint. What a perfect color choice. It’s spot on, giving a faded, weather-beaten aged look with a slight variation on each body panel and component, just like in the real world.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:33 PM, goingsouth58 said:

wow great build

Thanks!

On 3/5/2021 at 10:17 PM, vincen47 said:

I must say, excellent all the way around. I love the treatment of the bed, reminds me of the innovative way you did the International Dump a little while back. Very effective.

The weathering is also excellent on the wheels and engine, too. Great outdoor shots, as well.

It may be subtle, but one of the best parts of the build is the finish of the ol’ reliable, basic-as-can-be, oxide red paint. What a perfect color choice. It’s spot on, giving a faded, weather-beaten aged look with a slight variation on each body panel and component, just like in the real world.

Thanks Vince! There used to be lots of old reliable dumps around here back in the day. I remember that often times the mud flaps were ripped off and not replaced. That is why I left those off too. I guess some of the local haulers were able to avoid the DOT.

Thanks again for all the encouraging words!