Sign in to follow this  
johnnewman121

My Design for 1987 Peterbilt 379 EXHD Custom 300 in Legacy Condo

Here is a Design plan for a  1987 Peterbilt 379 EXHD Custom 300 in Legacy Condo build I am about to start. I need some ideas for scale.

What do you guys think?

Custom.png

Yeah that’ll be a nice mural for the sleeper, and a heck of a great sleeper, too.

At the time I started collecting parts for my current 379 project years ago, 1/24 was the scale available for the excellent Bill Drennen resin hood, and the Italeri 378 Long Hauler had recently been released, so 1/24 was the choice. The Italeri kit also offered more detail and more parts in common with the 379, making it more feasible than doing it in 1/25 and using a Revell 359 as the base.

Currently, the Bill Drennen 1/24 hood conversion is much harder to find (though GW trucks offers a 1/24 one, and Moluminum has the master), and the prices are higher on the Italeri kit, so it’s not as easy to do it 1/24.

1/25 is easier now with Moluminum offering a conversion that includes everything you need to use the Revell 359 as a base. 

I do both scales, though I wish they were all in one or the other for consistency and complete interchangeability. If I was starting over again, I’d still go the 1/24 route for a Peterbilt 379 because the Italeri base kit is superior, and it provides the more correct 379 chassis and a correct 379-era engine.

Edited by vincen47

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

Yeah that’ll be a nice mural for the sleeper, and a heck of a great sleeper, too.

At the time I started collecting parts for my current 379 project years ago, 1/24 was the scale available for the excellent Bill Drennen resin hood, and the Italeri 378 Long Hauler had recently been released, so 1/24 was the choice. The Italeri kit also offered more detail and more parts in common with the 379, making it more feasible than doing it in 1/25 and using a Revell 359 as the base.

Currently, the Bill Drennen 1/24 hood conversion is much harder to find (though GW trucks offers a 1/24 one, and Moluminum has the master), and the prices are higher on the Italeri kit, so it’s not as easy to do it 1/24.

1/25 is easier now with Moluminum offering a conversion that includes everything you need to use the Revell 359 as a base. 

I do both scales, though I wish they were all in one or the other for consistency and complete interchangeability. If I was starting over again, I’d still go the 1/24 route for a Peterbilt 379 because the Italeri base kit is superior, and it provides the more correct 379 chassis and a correct 379-era engine.

I was thinking about using a kit but building the sleeper.