Sign in to follow this  
Chariots of Fire

Pierce Enforcer

Been working on this rig for a while now.  Lots of little stuff to make up and add.  The Trumpeter ALF kit has been a good source of a lot of things including the chassis, cab interior and some detail things.  Here is were we started and then where the cab work is now.

012.thumb.JPG.f5bbb652b5149b950d1eb945a55eb0eb.JPG031.thumb.JPG.2bb591233a5fcef52791b06ca7f60724.JPG064.thumb.JPG.9f239323698eac3651f1ad30942f062a.JPG

Gorgeous work !  what is the base kit that you used, and where can I get some emergency lights/beacons for 1/25th scale.   Thanks in advance for your reply. Keep up the good work! 

I can’t emphasize this enough - what a fantastic rig. I’ve been enjoying watching this come together on the other forum. Nice to see it here, too. Excellent. The cab looks great.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:18 PM, NAVY said:

Gorgeous work !  what is the base kit that you used, and where can I get some emergency lights/beacons for 1/25th scale.   Thanks in advance for your reply. Keep up the good work! 

I used the Trumpeter kit for the chassis.  It was lengthened about 12 scale inches.  The interior tub also came from the kit but has been heavily modified.  The cab itself is scratch built.  The only things that came from other sources are the rear view mirrors (Trumpeter again) and the headlight bezels (Daniel Gailloux castings).  The castings were modified with a curved base to fit the curve of the cab corners.  Then they were painted gloss black and then Alclad chrome.  Decals are computer generated and ALPS printed.  

Try and find some old AMT or Revell kits of police cars, ambulances or the ALF 900 series trucks.  They have lights/beacons that you can use.  Once model shows come back you may also find some in the parts boxes that many vendors bring with them.

The body is now in primer and a pump panel is set in place just to see how it looks.  The actual panel has a much different layout.  This one came direct from the Trumpeter ALF kit.  The kit panel has the large diameter gate valve like what is shown; a nice detail that I will keep for further projects.  All I did to the panel was paint it flat black, add the three polished aluminum face plates around the discharges and to the rest up with Bare Metal Foil and a Molotow pen.  I'll prime the body one more time and sand lightly before going to final paint.  The body will be red with silver roll up doors.  The orange/yellow striping on the sides will be extended full length.  The rear will get the red/yellow treatment the same as the front bumper.

077.thumb.JPG.02cee8f3219cade96090a5cfad07131c.JPG076.thumb.JPG.bc617f993fd5865cf1103bd93df5a174.JPG

So the pump panel we see here is just a stand-in? Looks nice, regardless. Nice progress. I’m looking forward to seeing it fully outfitted.

HI, Vince.  Saw your post on MCM forum.  Sorry to say the number of modern pieces I have is quite small.  And most of them go back to the 80's and 90's.  This is the first real modern rig I have done in some time.

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

HI, Vince.  Saw your post on MCM forum.  Sorry to say the number of modern pieces I have is quite small.  And most of them go back to the 80's and 90's.  This is the first real modern rig I have done in some time.

Either way, you’ve got some great looking builds. Museum-quality.

The Pierce pump panel looks great. A while back, I watched a documentary on how Pierce made their equipment, showing the construction from start to finish. I’ll have to look that up again. Neat stuff.