Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

International RF-190

This is going to be a curb side build but I did cobble together a Red Diamond 450 engine for it. It is by far not perfect, but keep in mind it will only be seen from underneath.

A9498524-7F91-48DB-81CC-23CC6A8E2718.thumb.jpeg.f24d72c0ff5455d850df690a8a1e6186.jpeg

• Like 1

Brian:  Do you have one of the Ford snowplow kits that you've scrounged parts from?  If the headlight bezels are still there sand these off and replace them with the Ford ones.  That way you will have headlight lenses as well that will go with the bezels.

1 hour ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Brian:  Do you have one of the Ford snowplow kits that you've scrounged parts from?  If the headlight bezels are still there sand these off and replace them with the Ford ones.  That way you will have headlight lenses as well that will go with the bezels.

Thanks Charles. Since these don’t have lenses cast in them, my original plan was to chrome these bezels and add clear lenses. This fiberglass is pretty hard to work with.  I mean hard. Would these be accurate if I did that?

With regular resin that has cast in lenses I usually drill out the lenses and replace them with clear ones if I don’t have a kit substitute to replace the whole thing.

Thank you for your advice! I consider your work to be some of the best.

Much better than mine.😀

Brian

Here's a suggestion as a substitute if you don't have the Ford.  Leave the bezels as is and paint the inside area with a Molotow pen or chrome paint. Also with a Molotow pen "paint" the bezels chrome.  Then after it is completely dry mix up some two part epoxy and place it inside the lens area.  Let it build up to where it actually is mounded some.  Be careful that it does not get on the bezel.  This will be the rounded face of the lens.  Let that cure well.  The surface will be smooth but the chrome background will make it look lens-like,  I have often wondered if when the resin was almost cured if putting a thump print on it would make it resemble the reflecting surfaces of a real lens----but I always chicken out.  Maybe a test shot some time!🤣

Hope this helps.

Charlie