Sign in to follow this  
Brian Dutz

Mack B61 fuel hauler

This build is in the books.  My first full resin truck build went well. The trailer is from Lindberg and the truck is from AITM. 

7F5C66A9-0AF6-4B83-A151-D13FC5E2F718.jpeg

5106EA09-41BB-4D7A-A32E-ABE007C44DE3.jpeg

05DAE6A8-1CE0-4EC9-BFCD-749DE3BF4369.jpeg

2948EDE2-EC24-46F6-B3B0-12BF8A78E35B.jpeg

36D841FD-42FC-44DA-8D5F-53A131590341.jpeg

7E652AE2-3834-47BC-9164-53FDE686FD58.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, goingsouth58 said:

looks great very nice build

Thank you. 

9 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

You did a Great job with this one Brian! The resin cabs can be quite challenging! This one looks Great!!

Thanks Brian. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Good job, Brian.  How was your experience working with the resin?  Looks like it took the paint really well.

Thank you. This kit wasn’t bad at all. I had continually talked myself out of starting the kit many times for fear of the unknown. AITM has some great castings and everything went together well. I soaked the parts overnight in a a bath of Dawn dishwashing soap and used a gray automotive primer as a base. The Krylon red and yellow paints adhered perfectly. 

• Like 1

Agreed. I have several resin cabs and the full Rubber Duck Mack kit as well.  The RD Mack parts look great and the assembly Should be fairly easy. I really look forward to diving into these soon. 

• Like 1

I've heard some things about the Rubber Duck Mack that suggest that the model is not that close to the real thing.  Comparisons to photos indicate some adjustments may be necessary.  Not my personal observations; only what I have heard from others who have done the research.

• Like 1

Your are correct. The air breather has only a single hose and I believe the movie truck had a duel hose. I think there is an issue with the cab as well, not sure though.  I will definitely do my research before I build. 

• Like 1