Sign in to follow this  
41CHEVY

Mack Garbage truck project

Started with a scratch built RS Mack that needed to be more than a power unit. Stretched it about an 1 1/2".  Started to build up the body from a Leech unit in the yard where my Marmon is parked right now. Also on a whim stuck it on a Mack LMSW that is slated to be a Maine Logger unit.

licregs003-vi.jpg

leach1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

LEACH1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach4-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach5-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach6-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach8-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leach7-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

leaCH90-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by 41CHEVY
  • Like 1

No new progress for a bit, I ended up putting my Marmon back hauling granite blocks for a quarry near me in Maine for a local bridge project. Seems the new units with automatics can't "make the grade"  :)

Neat project. Garbage trucks are always a unique build, as scratch building is really the only way to go. Too bad nobody ever made a kit. But, it’s great to see your project. Someday, maybe I’ll put one on the list.  

6 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Neat project. Garbage trucks are always a unique build, as scratch building is really the only way to go. Too bad nobody ever made a kit. But, it’s great to see your project. Someday, maybe I’ll put one on the list.  

I talked to a computer whiz about scanning it for 3d printing. 

Going to be an awesome build !! Anyone remember back in the 70's when AMT was going to release a Garwood garbage truck? Was going to be on the Ford C600 chassis.  I think it was 1975 or 1976, I'll dig out my old AMT brochure and get a pic

On 7/9/2020 at 8:45 AM, Plybeep68 said:

Going to be an awesome build !! Anyone remember back in the 70's when AMT was going to release a Garwood garbage truck? Was going to be on the Ford C600 chassis.  I think it was 1975 or 1976, I'll dig out my old AMT brochure and get a pic

And how! I wanted that to appear so bad. I often wondered what it was dropped, licensing maybe?   Paul

Ooooooooh what's that smellllllllll.

Just the trash truck a few blocks over lol.

Looks great 👍

Edited by VinceP
  • Haha 1

I rode on the back of a garbage truck for our local organized crime figure during the summer when I was 15 and 16.

Man was that some hard ass work, but the dregs that I worked with could always be talked into buying beer for a teenager.

One was based on a Mercedes Benz and the other a big Mack of some sort.  What did I know, I was a kid.

But I remember the sickening smell of sour milk and crappy diapers.  Oh yeah, manual labor!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1