Sign in to follow this  
ModelTruckEnthusiast

Peterbilt 357

If the the lack of interest around here is any indication then this post is probably a colossal waste of time and effort. But then again, I was always labled a malcontent anyway so why change now. In any event I present my recently completed Peterbilt 357 Daycab with dump trailer. Hopefully things around here will pick up and we'll see some member interaction. Over 500 members and the only thing you can hear is crickets. Even the forum Administrator and Moderators avoid this place. What a waste and such a shame... Oh well, as the Vulcans say, "Live Long And Prosper"

2v2H67FqNxUJvCi.jpg

2v2H67FFrxUJvCi.jpg

2v2H67Fy8xUJvCi.jpg

2v2H67F5MxUJvCi.jpg

2v2H67FNFxUJvCi.jpg 

Beautiful build as always Anthony! I really like the trailer! The tarp set up looks great! I have to admit, that I had to research to see what the difference was between a 357 and a 378. Excellent work! Looks like the real thing!

That’s a beautiful truck, and one of the best looking GW Trucks’ (I assume) dump trailers I’ve seen. Really impressive work.

Btw, I hope things pick up here too. I should be part of the solution, not the problem, by posting more here, myself. Besides, The MCM forum really annoyed me by getting rid of the “Truck Stop” by merging it with the general car discussion. I pleaded my case with them, but to no avail. Three separate racing categories, both in WIP and under glass, but no room for a single separate truck discussion. This forum should be a better oasis for truck modeling, anyway.

On 5/19/2020 at 12:11 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Beautiful build as always Anthony! I really like the trailer! The tarp set up looks great! I have to admit, that I had to research to see what the difference was between a 357 and a 378. Excellent work! Looks like the real thing!

Cosmetically a 357-119" BBC and 378 are the same. The 357 short hood 111" BBC became the 365, the longer hood 119" became the 367 which is still the case today. Tim Ahlborn always said the Italeri kit represented both depending on how you build it. I suppose Italeri could very well have called the "378 Classic" a "357 Daycab" if they wanted to.

7 hours ago, vincen47 said:

That’s a beautiful truck, and one of the best looking GW Trucks’ (I assume) dump trailers I’ve seen. Really impressive work.

Btw, I hope things pick up here too. I should be part of the solution, not the problem, by posting more here, myself. Besides, The MCM forum really annoyed me by getting rid of the “Truck Stop” by merging it with the general car discussion. I pleaded my case with them, but to no avail. Three separate racing categories, both in WIP and under glass, but no room for a single separate truck discussion. This forum should be a better oasis for truck modeling, anyway.

The trailer is actually my own creation. The tub is from the Italeri dump trailer and the chassis is from the AMT Fruehauf flat bed. Add in some Evergreen and Plastruct styrene along with a little "artistic license" and this is what I ended up with. Gary's trailer is nice, but I didn't want a frameless or quarter frame dump trailer so I went a different direction. I now have 3 of these, 2 with black tubs and 1 with a gray tub. One of the black trailers has air ride, the other 2 have center point suspension taken from the AMT Peerless logging trailer.

This forum could be a Truck Modelers Paradise if it weren't for Facebook, and to a lesser extent MCM forum. The administrator here has become very distant. He checks in maybe once a week, currently he hasn't posted in a month. To me that gives off a bad vibe, it tends to scare members away and keeps them from coming back. We also have too many "one post wonders" here. "Hi guys, just signed up and ...." They never come back or ever make another post. I think the administrator is partly to blame for this. I'm willing to bet he feels that no one cares about his forum anymore and it has affected his attitude towards it. I can understand that if it is the case, but he should be the one replying to first time member posts and Thanking them not us. I'm really not trying to piss anyone off here, just trying to lite a fire under someones ass.

BTW, Thanks to both of you for the compliments

Even more compliments to you for kitbashing and scratch building that fantastic trailer!

I agree that Facebook takes traffic away from sites like this. I’m not on Facebook, but I do occasionally browse the MTDG. I’ve noticed that while there are great builders posting on there, I see a lot of junk, to put it simply. Not just in the builds, but poorly written descriptions, bad photos, etc. I don’t expect everyone to produce museum-quality replicas with professional photography and magazine-worthy articles, but I’ve noticed that the forums (MTB and MCM) tend to be more consistent in the level of quality you see, and thus, the inspiration that follows.

53 minutes ago, CBorz666 said:

That is gorgeous. The Trailer is really special. 
Is it two of the Italeri dump trailers spliced?

It's the tub from the Italeri dump with the chassis of the AMT Fruehauf flat bed. Thanks for the compliment

2v2U3ug8nxUJvCi.jpg

2v299cYQWxUJvCi.jpg

that is a great lookin job realy like it. you know avery body is proud of there builds weather they meat some kind of standard . but thay are just a proud of them  I have 10 or more I could show but I don't know weather to or not. I thank aver build is great to me.