Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

Transtar II Log Truck

Nice.... I like it when builders take these rare kits and build them. I can hear those kit collectors cry a little! 🤣 

12 hours ago, Brian Dutz said:

Looks great. Keep the updates coming. 

Thanks Brian!

6 hours ago, discodave said:

Nice.... I like it when builders take these rare kits and build them. I can hear those kit collectors cry a little! 🤣 

Thanks Dave! The Transtar was only the cab and cab related parts. Evidently someone had used the chassis out of the kit before I got it. The chassis that I'm using here is the latest 4300 kit. The Paystar logging kit is rare, but the box is pretty rough on this one, and when I started this project, I realized the someone had surgically removed the pintle hitch from the kit by cutting a very small hole in the parts bag. With that being said, the collectors might not get too upset with me over this one. I do like building these old kits though. I figure that is what they were made for. 😀

I got a little paint on the chassis today.

IMG_8446.thumb.jpg.6aa1463f55475bfee21563d673ccbc2d.jpg

Now that you mention the donor, I do recognize the frame rail. Yes, the kits were made for building. Keep having fun!

Looks great so far. I have a couple of the logging trailers that I would like to build. But then there’s that Kenworth that I’m dying to build, and the Peterbilt, and I can’t forget the Lonestar and.......Lol!