Sign in to follow this  
DRIPTROIT 71

IH CO 4070B Johnson

This one is mostly stock. The engine was swapped out to a IH V-8 and the wheels swapped with a 4070A and I shortened the frame.

IMG_7913.thumb.JPG.6c83f45d7596fe77ff5726af7055bf56.JPG

IMG_7921.thumb.JPG.5a692bcfacb2dcc15e044fa6c801b17e.JPG

IMG_7924.thumb.JPG.62eaeaa17626d798955820d166e401d9.JPG

IMG_7927.thumb.JPG.9844f460d7e31b483e1c69f1c0dc787c.JPG

IMG_7930.thumb.JPG.50465f8a524b4b31d38780492f7c087f.JPG

IMG_7929.thumb.JPG.b4f2a86a33cab6796c4c77b01955e44e.JPG

• Like 1

Really nice!  You know those older egg crate IH COE cabs were steel and nearly bullit proof. Even as a plain jane company truck they still looked good! Very good model and homage to the Johnson line.  

On 4/20/2020 at 12:19 PM, NAVY said:

Really nice!  You know those older egg crate IH COE cabs were steel and nearly bullit proof. Even as a plain jane company truck they still looked good! Very good model and homage to the Johnson line.  

Thanks!!

On 4/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, Brian Dutz said:

Looks great!

Thanks Brian!!

On 4/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, Dr. Kerry said:

Beautiful rig!  As always you build some nice stuff!!

Thanks Kerry!!

13 hours ago, ModelTruckEnthusiast said:

Good stuff as always Brian. It's really a shame that this forum has such poor member participation. Over 500 members and the only noise you can hear is crickets. 🙄

Thanks Anthony!! I should probably spend a little more time here myself.

2 hours ago, ModelTruckEnthusiast said:

I wasn't suggesting that you don't spend enough time here, so don't think that it was directed at you. I'll never understand how some forums thrive and others barely survive. I find it quite disappointing that this forum struggles. The software is current and doesn't have lingering issues or glitches. It gets a lot of lookers but no buyers and that is frustrating. Guys join but never post. Some ask questions, get answers but never acknowledge the replies that they do get. I just don't get it. 

I wasn't taking your comment in a negative way towards myself at all. I was just saying that I should probably make a better effort to support this site. After all, this this site is centered around our hobby, specifically trucks, and doesn't require a photo hosting site to be used. I'm bad myself not to post any progress pictures over here. Maybe if a few of us that are here from time to time will create some more traffic over here, maybe it will attract some more traffic. Just thinking out loud. I really hate to see Hank's Truck Forum go, I would hate to see this site gone too. I've tried to stop in a little more often lately, but maybe that's because I seem to have some extra time at home right now.

Hello guys, I think there is validity to your discussion. Being a newer site member, I enjoy viewing all the builds and learning from everyone. It can be frustrating when pictures are posted but no one comments. We definitely need to be more active and you can count me in. Creating more content may entice more traffic. This forum is a great way to share our passion for the hobby regardless of skill level.