Inspecter

Chevy C65 or C70

Is there anyone out there that knows about someone making a kit for this truck. When I was growing up my uncle had tow trucks an 2 of them. I am now building replicas of his wreckers. I’m trying to scratch build but I would prefer to just get at least the cab. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

A8E838AA-59FB-47B3-8252-ECF89839109D.jpeg

6589E69B-407E-49C0-92DB-B8D3BC6F0879.jpeg

64CD08CB-6893-4D98-B564-A6F843AA3900.jpeg

To me, the Chevy looks to probably be a C60 judging by the height of the tires. I'm pretty sure though, that the C60, C65 and the C70's shared the same cab. I've been building a model of my son's '75 C65 dump and have also been looking for a cab . There was a company, now defunct I think, that had a resin model of the C65 but looking at some close up photos , was not very nice although it did have a very close grill and bumper. I have purchased a "7's style pickup model to try to build a correct cab. The resin model ,I think, was taken from one of these kits as the p/u version had the large rear window and most of the larger trucks had a small rear window. Our truck has a flip type hood as opposed to the front opening style. I think a regular cab model could be adapted to the C60 or C65 style but it will take alot of work. Fortunately, I have a truck to measure and take photos of handy. If you should ever find anything, please let me know as cab issue is holding me up!  By the way, the other model looks great!  Oh, forgot..A.I.T.M. has the correct fuel tank for that Chevy.

Edited by jpage

Thank you very much for your response. What’s amazing is that this truck was one of the most popular and used platforms throughout the 70’s to the early to mid 80’s and no one has made this in a 1/25 scale model.  I know that Matchbox made a plow truck 1/64 scale, and Highway 61 made a die cast truck I think it’s a 1/16 scale.  I started modifying a 70’s Chevy. Right now, I have only one option and is to scratch build a front grill.  The only other option is to buy a 3D printer and learn Fusion 360 which I am in the process of learning the program and I know I will use the 3-D printer quite a bit but then I have to figure out which is the best 3-D printer within my price range that will do what I needed to do without It being high maintenance and user friendly.  Anyway this is what I’ve come up with so far.  The last truck is the smallest wrecker my uncle had. 79 Chevy and he Reversed the color pattern just for this one wrecker. So if anyone is reading this post and Has knowledge about 3-D printers they can give me I am wide open to suggestions thank you everyone. 

F1EAF1C7-D3DF-430C-899F-A53DBB00BF93.jpeg

DE4FF0E9-59EC-4047-8585-7E98AF99EDAD.jpeg

CE97B2E2-5C1E-47E2-983B-39B0CE1D1529.jpeg

C2105704-7CEC-407F-B9A9-9D1C32D406F0.jpeg

You'll need to shorten the front fenders since the hoods are not as long as the standard trucks. The rear of the front fenders extends past the front door about 3 inches. I like that grill template! Could you email me a full size copy at jamesopage@aol.com. That would help me a lot in making the grille. If I can find my measurements, I'll let you know how long the hood is. We also have a C60 bucket truck for measurements also. if you notice the bottom edges of the hood extend down into the tops of the fenders too.