Sign in to follow this  
wes welsh

Hello! Fellow Plastic Cowboys!

I was so glad to find this forum! I have been building model trucks for around 45 years! I remember saving up my money when I was a kid and going to the department stores or hobby shops to buy a new AMT truck kit! If I remember correctly they were around five to seven dollars back in the day!  I got bit hard by the model bug again about two years ago when I decided to build a kit of a California Hauler Peterbilt 359 I had saved from when I was a kid. Then I got on Ebay and started buying more! There are some really nice builds on this forum! Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures of some of mine! Winter is when I get heavy into the model building. Once it gets warm the Farming and playing with real trucks starts!

Edited by wes welsh

Welcome ! I have recently joined myself and remember pay $ 8.95 or so from the auto world catalog easy back when. eBay is great for finding the classic plastic-but wow the price lol.  Honestly I pay it because I find value in the old Ertl kits.  They were the best back in the day and still are, even forty years later.  Keep on truckin !