Tbill

So, what’s the build plan for this coming fall/winter season?

I’m guessing a lot of you are like me, not much bench time in good weather, between yard work, golf, and just enjoying being outside, the model bench and I are estranged in the summer months. But, as much as I hate to say it, summer will be over soon, and build season will be in full force. I have a few rig builds in mind for this ‘season’, one of them is a transtar 2 COE with a trailer similar to the box art ( have all parts for that other than the ‘canvas’ top), and I picked up a resin mack coe cab from AITM while at NNL east this past April, trailer undecided on for that one so far, and possibly the revell Pete 359 tri axle wrecker, along with some car/pick up builds.

What’ve you all got planned to get ya thru another winter?

Picked up a pair of Autocar dumps and plan on building one of my real units.  The second build is a stretched cab  Mack Cruiseliner with Mack twin turbo V10. 

Up here in  Maine where I am the 3 days of summer is due to arrive on Monday.  :)

Im gonna finish the KW900 and the Mack I started on then start on the Peerless Log trailer for the Mack and the Triaxle dump for the KW 

Edited by Bully

Hopefully will have my AMT Mack R done soon.... been hoping for a while. Have AMT’s KW 123 and Freightliner COE in progress. Picked up the Autocar recently also.  So, probably something with ten tires, lol. 

Well, I started a Pete 352 the other night , only painted the cab, but it’s started, lol.

My plan is to start and finish the Italeri Peterbilt 378-119 Classic. If I get the cab and hood painted, decaled and top coated before the Fall/winter cold hits, I'll be good to go.

Italeri Pete.jpg

Well...my oldest son is getting married in a little over 3 weeks, adding turmoil to an already busy summer.  After that, the youngest will be moving into his room...after a quick paint and carpet job. Then....I get a hobby room!

So when my hobby room is all set up I hope to finish both Internationals, the lowboy, and the reefer....then go from there.

Edited by Sam I am

If I just concentrate on finishing a few that I've already started, that'll keep me busy all winter! Louisville Ford, Diamond Reo, Cannonball GMC, Kenworth T800H, Kenworth T600, Pete 359, the list goes on!

Going to try to finish my 1973 Diamond Reo. Then I’m going to concentrate on some of my Autocar builds then next spring I’m going to get my real Autocar 1.1  going again 

On 9/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, A64B said:

Going to try to finish my 1973 Diamond Reo. Then I’m going to concentrate on some of my Autocar builds then next spring I’m going to get my real Autocar 1.1  going again 

Be nice to see the real one back up and running again!! 

Thanks Doc 

yes I really need to get the old girl back in shape and going to shows. Here’s a couple pic of her 

3B9671C8-9E55-4744-B637-4B2368E9645E.jpeg

73822811-70A1-4AFD-93AD-25F650AA2CFF.jpeg

Edited by A64B
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:26 PM, A64B said:

Thanks Doc 

yes I really need to get the old girl back in shape and going to shows. Here’s a couple pic of her 

3B9671C8-9E55-4744-B637-4B2368E9645E.jpeg

73822811-70A1-4AFD-93AD-25F650AA2CFF.jpeg

Ooooo She's purty!!!!!!!!

I have several projects in mind and on the bench. I currently have two military builds on the bench. An Italeri ambulance and Dragon Tiger. After these are finished, it will be back to the AMT Peterbilt.