Jump to content
  • 0
Jersee Jerry55

IH 4300 Transtar color choices

Question

Afternoon all hope everyone's well. Started my AMT IH 4300 Transtar day cab build. The cab is painted Model Master Daytona Yellow lacquer. I was going to paint the frame Gloss Meadow Green. However I am having second thoughts and thinking maybe a Royal Blue instead. I am thinking that the frame on the standard 4300 (Non Eagle) were painted most likely Black and the Eagle's were various other colors? If anyone has any suggestions it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
22 hours ago, Jersee Jerry55 said:

Afternoon all hope everyone's well. Started my AMT IH 4300 Transtar day cab build. The cab is painted Model Master Daytona Yellow lacquer. I was going to paint the frame Gloss Meadow Green. However I am having second thoughts and thinking maybe a Royal Blue instead. I am thinking that the frame on the standard 4300 (Non Eagle) were painted most likely Black and the Eagle's were various other colors? If anyone has any suggestions it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

On the Tri Color Transtar's the chassis was generally painted the same color as the lower stripe, but on all the standard trucks  Semi Gloss Black was the basic color but the buyer could option at a few dollars more any color the wanted. You pretty much have a wide range of choices.   Paul

Edited by 41CHEVY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, 41CHEVY said:

On the Tri Color Transtar's the chassis was generally painted the same color as the lower stripe, but on all the standard trucks  Semi Gloss Black was the basic color but the buyer could option at a few dollars more any color the wanted. You pretty much have a wide range of choices.   Paul

Paul thanks for the information. Since I am not doing stripes I may go semi gloss black. After frame is assembled and primed I will choose the color. Also I think I will dechrome the fuel tanks and paint them aluminum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/25/2019 at 1:48 PM, Jersee Jerry55 said:

Paul thanks for the information. Since I am not doing stripes I may go semi gloss black. After frame is assembled and primed I will choose the color. Also I think I will dechrome the fuel tanks and paint them aluminum.

I agree on the chrome tanks,I've polished my real tanks and never even got close to the chrome look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/26/2019 at 4:07 PM, 41CHEVY said:

I agree on the chrome tanks,I've polished my real tanks and never even got close to the chrome look.

Paul,

Good morning and hope you are well. I have decided to paint the frame and associated parts semi gloss black. Aluminum tanks and stacks. Going to do it as a fleet unit with an owner operator feel to it. Need to acquire the necessary decals. I kind of like the ones from either the AMT Cali Hauler, or the new Autocar reissue. Going to source them probably on Ebay. Thanks again for all your help thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/28/2019 at 9:26 AM, Jersee Jerry55 said:

Paul,

Good morning and hope you are well. I have decided to paint the frame and associated parts semi gloss black. Aluminum tanks and stacks. Going to do it as a fleet unit with an owner operator feel to it. Need to acquire the necessary decals. I kind of like the ones from either the AMT Cali Hauler, or the new Autocar reissue. Going to source them probably on Ebay. Thanks again for all your help thus far.

You also may look at Modeltruckin.com  Jerry has some very nice generic decals also (if you do purchase from him mention Paul from Gold Coast referred you). Post some photos if you will, the International sounds like a very interesting project!   Paul

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/29/2019 at 7:42 PM, 41CHEVY said:

You also may look at Modeltruckin.com  Jerry has some very nice generic decals also (if you do purchase from him mention Paul from Gold Coast referred you). Post some photos if you will, the International sounds like a very interesting project!   Paul

 

Paul. Hi hope all is well. Here is the cab, hood, and engine from the 4300. So far so good.

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, 41CHEVY said:

Excellent color. I have one close to that with stripes  The diesel is coming along well alo, good match on the red.    Paul

Thanks Paul. The red is from a cheap can of Walmart enamel spray. As is the flat black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, Jersee Jerry55 said:

Thanks Paul. The red is from a cheap can of Walmart enamel spray. As is the flat black.

I use a lot of Ace Hardware, WalMart and Krylon, it is good paint IMO.   Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×