Sign in to follow this  
jpage

Hi, I'm Jim Page from Pennsylvania. Been building models since 1964 and been trying to get back into it now that I'm semi retired. I fool mostly with real antique cars and am currently restoring a 1936 Dodge sedan. My son recently purchased an old 1975 Chevy C65 single axle dump truck for his construction business. He was really excited about it and it has brought back memories of my teenage years. It's a real beast but a lot of fun to drive. I'd been wanting to build a 1/25 scale model of it for him and have been searching for parts on the internet. I did see a resin C6500 Chevy/GMC conversion kit at PPvintage kits and some parts at Sourkrauts parts but have not been able to contact them. Does anyone know if either of these companies are still in business or if anyone else sells the c6500 kit? Any help will be appreciated. Another foray in modeling that I tried was to build a 1/6 scale model of my '36 Dodge engine. 2 years and still not completely finished but here are a couple of shots of it. Take care guys!

DSC01983.JPG

DSC01984.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

DSC02130.JPG

DSC02133.JPG

DSC02135.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02137.JPG

DSC02138.JPG

PPVintage takes time to answer but they DO answer. Sourkraut  appears to only sell plastic now.    Paul