Sign in to follow this  
Jetdriver69

Hotrod trucks sitting on a shelf...

Although this might not be the best forum for these models, they are trucks. Hopefully it is ok to post these pictures.

I completed a line of Marathon Oil (used to be an employee) models a few years back and I forgot they were sitting on a shelf in my son's room.

Anyway there are six different models.  The first installment will be a Marathon Oil company armored car which I envisioned would protect the oil facilities in Africa.  Yeah I had a lot of time on my hands at one time...

The model's suspension is from a 1980's 1/24 scale monster truck with the body scratch built from sheet styrene.  The plans for the body are from a 1930's Russian armored truck, the BA-64.  The gun turret is a trimmed top off of a spray paint can.  All the decals are custom printed.

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG

The second model is an oil drilling truck based on a 1930's Ford pickup truck.  

I added two supercharged engines, made it 4 wheel drive and the drilling platform was scratch built.

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

The third truck is based on a 1930's fuel truck called the Li'l Gasser.

I heavily modified this truck with different engine, metal fenders, gas tank, old time gas pump at the rear and fuel hose.

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

The fourth truck is an aviation maintenance truck based on a 1926 Mack Bulldog.  The kit was called the Beer Wagon.

I made the wood bed and fence rails, added the aviation parts and tool box and made the trailer with Jet Oil barrel.

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

The fifth truck is an aviation fire truck based on a 1920's fire truck called the Fire Iron.

I heavily bodied this truck making it 4 wheel drive, adding a cab over the drivers seat and adding the water tank and fire hoses.

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

The last one is an aviation crew transport truck based on a 1930's C cab.

This one was my first model so modifications were kept to a minimum.  Just a resin blown V8 substituted for the sorry engine that came with the kit.

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG