Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

Western Star 5964 Day Cab

I've never been fond of Italeri semi kits (Freightliner frames belong under Freightliners, multi-piece cabs were obsolete in 1959, and tacky graphics went out of style in the '70's...), but I do like quite a few of the subjects they make... they do have a knack for picking cool subjects. I guess some people don't like this kit in particular, because it has a rarely-seen early hood style, or something like that. I must be in the minority again, as I like the way it looks. And I got this kit sealed for twenty bucks... so there's no way I was going to say no. About all I did was leave off the sleeper, plug off the back wall of the cab, and use the headache rack from a Revell Peterbilt 359. I did mess around with the cab mounts a bit so the hood and cowl would line up, but other than that and the lack of the sleeper it's built more or less the way Italeri intended, for better or for worse. 

007_zpstj3uzl19.jpg

008_zpsuz16fn76.jpg

009_zpsdczmwjz2.jpg

010_zpsyjfey3xj.jpg

I think it turned out real nice.  The window being half way down is a nice touch.

That's the way it comes in the kit- you can install it or leave it out to look like it's rolled down all the way. :D