Sign in to follow this  
41CHEVY

1939 Internation U.S.N. Fire Truck

19 hours ago, Cornbinder said:

Very nice! Wish I'd stocked up on those cabs while R&R was still around. 

Didn't Star Models have R & R kits?

This cab was a SJS resin cab I bought 2 from Sourkraut Models.   Paul

Edited by 41CHEVY

Star probably still has R&R stuff in stock, but there's no new stuff being cast. The owner Ray Parsons passed away several years ago. I think his cab was originally done by SJS. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Cornbinder said:

Star probably still has R&R stuff in stock, but there's no new stuff being cast. The owner Ray Parsons passed away several years ago. I think his cab was originally done by SJS. 

Ron Andrews at RMR has taken possession of all the R&R molds. He is currently working his way through them and getting them ready to add to his catalog.

• Like 2

Paul, I'd like to feature this truck in the next issue of Classic Truck Modeler. We will be featuring fire trucks for that issue. Would that be okay with you? Even better if you would like to write up a bit of an article about it. You can e-mail me at editor@classictruckmodelermag.com.

7 hours ago, dsldriver said:

Ron Andrews at RMR has taken possession of all the R&R molds. He is currently working his way through them and getting them ready to add to his catalog.

That is good news! Ray also sold a '57 IH pickup that would be handy to have. 

21 hours ago, dsldriver said:

Paul, I'd like to feature this truck in the next issue of Classic Truck Modeler. We will be featuring fire trucks for that issue. Would that be okay with you? Even better if you would like to write up a bit of an article about it. You can e-mail me at editor@classictruckmodelermag.com.

EMail sent

I would be honored to have it appear in Classic Truck Modeler.  I'll send you the particulars on the truck.   Paul