Sign in to follow this  
Grampas garage

what is the definition of a model truck

As a new member i don't want to break any rules so soon after joining the group.I would like to know what kind of "truck model's are allowed on the site.If it's called a truck and is a model of a truck,being built in good taste,of course,can we put it on this site? I'm building a scared rabbit truck!!! It runs down the track like a scared rabbit, and looks like a normal truck without tires.The narrow gauge railroads starting in the 1920s put railroad 'trucks' under a car or road truck and used them for all kinds of things.One of my projects,starting with the 1926 Mack AC model,is a rail truck.It will sit on my backwoods repair shed diorama for repairs to the engine.I'm thinking of a track repair truck,with all the track tools,grease,fluids,and parts on the back.I still have to get the proportions worked out.The problem is 1/24 wheels from G scale(1/2") cars are way to big.I think i need to go with "O" scale car wheels to make it look right.Please feel free to give any advice,thoughts,or opinions.I will end here so i don't erase all my typing.Rick 

2 hours ago, Grampas garage said:

As a new member i don't want to break any rules so soon after joining the group.I would like to know what kind of "truck model's are allowed on the site.If it's called a truck and is a model of a truck,being built in good taste,of course,can we put it on this site? I'm building a scared rabbit truck!!! It runs down the track like a scared rabbit, and looks like a normal truck without tires.The narrow gauge railroads starting in the 1920s put railroad 'trucks' under a car or road truck and used them for all kinds of things.One of my projects,starting with the 1926 Mack AC model,is a rail truck.It will sit on my backwoods repair shed diorama for repairs to the engine.I'm thinking of a track repair truck,with all the track tools,grease,fluids,and parts on the back.I still have to get the proportions worked out.The problem is 1/24 wheels from G scale(1/2") cars are way to big.I think i need to go with "O" scale car wheels to make it look right.Please feel free to give any advice,thoughts,or opinions.I will end here so i don't erase all my typing.Rick 

Remember the standard wheel size on the AC's with hard rubber tires is 34 inch diameter. Gives a lot of leeway on your rail wheel choices. Here are photos of a log rail AC for ideas.  Paul

50f8d3a22bdc36c576d35241f95a49bc.jpg

229ba2becbc6bc10f409efaacb60574b--mack-trucks-semi-trucks.jpg