Sign in to follow this  
dsldriver

'54 Studebaker tractor with hog trailer.

Another one of my current projects, '54 Studebaker semi tractor with a matching hog trailer. The cab is from Frontier Resins, not super accurate but it does look like a Studebaker. The frame is scratch built, engine is from the AMT '53 Studebaker. I cut off the three speed transmission and added a resin truck transmission. Rear axle is from a Revell snap Peterbilt. The wheels are resin cast by me, made up from tires from the Lindberg Dodge and wheels from a die-cast truck.

54stude.jpg

54stude02.jpg

54stude04.jpg

hogtrailer03.jpg

The trailer is from the Lindberg Dodge/'40 Ford kit. I made it up as a short single axle trailer, the cut the front of it round. I used part of a plastic drain connector for the front, and the side stakes are from the Ford C-series stake truck.

hogtrailer01.jpg

hogtrailer02.jpg

• Like 1

Love the way it's shaping up. I've seen this cab before, but I've never really been impressed by the Frontier stuff I've seen. But this one does look better than their '59 Chevy cab (which I have), and you're proving something nice can be made from their castings... maybe I should pick one up. I've always wanted to build a fiberglass-nosed Transtar. :D

• Like 1