Sign in to follow this  
trucker

KW W900

this is my latest creation finished about four months ago. it's funny how things take shape as I started out wanting to do a simple build.

I wanted to do a day cab work truck just for fun. as I went online to look at battery box , fuel tank placement , I came across the customs.

so much for the simple day cab work truck ! this is what turned out , my first custom !

the monogram snap aerodyne kit is the basis . the only thing left of that are the cab , hood , engine , and the front frame section from the cab forward.

I started out with the hood cutting off the headlight mounts and filling them in . I used pete headlight brackets and 32 ford headlights.

the rear frame is from a revell Germany kw 900 long nose kit . the eight bag rear suspension from that same kit was also used .

I lowered it quite a bit so cutting the eight bags down was very tedious and took a lot of patience . the front axle was mounted on top of the springs .

all the other parts came from the parts box except the front bumper and exhaust stacks which came from rhino on ebay .

. I drilled out the lugs on the front wheels and made  the spike lugnut covers using round toothpick ends painted silver .

the paint is rustoleum almond gloss and colonial red from spray cans . it took about four months to complete and I had a blast doing it.

IMG_0966_zpsnswm1ehk.jpg

IMG_0959_zpsge9kue2v.jpg

IMG_0964_zpsvk7xgrb1.jpg

IMG_0960_zpss5cfb8vn.jpg

Very cool.  With the scallops, it has kind of a 50s vibe to me. Lots to love on this one, but I especially like what you did with the visor, mirrors and headlights. 

--Casey 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, Casey said:

Very cool.  With the scallops, it has kind of a 50s vibe to me. Lots to love on this one, but I especially like what you did with the visor, mirrors and headlights. 

--Casey 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:39 PM, Cornbinder said:

Very cool. Tastefully done and not over the top. 

thanks !