Sign in to follow this  
Cornbinder

White Road Boss

This is just a basic buildup of the reissued AMT kit. I wanted to do this as a White Farm Equipment dealer's rig, so it was painted to resemble a White farm tractor- black undercarriage, with authentic White Argent Silver for the cab and hood. Other than the cast spoke front wheels (from a Diamond REO), it is box stock.

After I finished it, I realized I forgot to put the front turn signals on it. So while I was waiting for the WFE, Oliver, and Minneapolis-Moline decals to arrive from Bossen Implement, I added them. The "Great Lakes" graphics came from an old Monogram Porsche race car kit.

Eventually this will be paried up with a lowboy and loaded down with a tractor or two- there are some pretty nice 1:25 scale diecast tractor replicas out there, including an Oliver 1955.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, even though I'm not a fan of how the Road Boss looks with a long hood. I have the 108" BBC hood on order from GW Trucks, so the next one I build will be the medium model. 

Here it is before the lights and lettering were added.

1_zpsb0010c99.jpg

2_zps22a28177.jpg

3_zps9949c432.jpg

4_zps582eb24c.jpg

5_zps1c8999be.jpg

6_zpsfa072782.jpg

And here it is with the lights and door markings in place.

002_zpsmp6iyjoj.jpg

• Like 1