Sign in to follow this  
Joris

Joris Scholte

Hi all, just a some words to introduce myself here. 
Born in The Netherlands, but emigrated to Switzerland. I started building trucks in '04 or '05 or so, having a job then that gave me lots of free time because of the irregular hours. Although the job changed (as well as the country I live in, the girlfriend and the amount of time off), the truck building stayed. It's for me a nice way to relax and be creative. I don't build every moment I have time, but I try to keep on tinkering.
My main interest is in Peterbilt trucks, although other American brands I like as well. Eurotrucks I don't care that much for, but sometimes I build one. Over the years I developed a preference for building the kits not box-stock. I mostly prefer to alter kits and do my own ideas. Also a reason why I prefer American trucks, I have the feeling that they're easier and nicer with some custom parts.
Any questions about me, feel free to ask!

Cool! 

Being an American, I'm mostly interested in American trucks, but I do like quite a few of the European rigs as well, mostly because I don't see them on the roads over here.

• Like 1

Are kits of American trucks readily available in Europe or do you order them fro the US?

Italeri is widely available here, just as Revell of Germany. AMT is hard to find here, I got my AMTs online. The Moebius kits are available here though, if they are not rebadged into RoG kits. The SnapTites (Revell USA) I haven't seen in stores here yet; got them online too.