Mel

Lotus79

Hi i live in Norfolk in the UK i am 72 yrs old and i have been building model for going on 45 yrs,my main interest is 1/12 F1 cars and some older Le Mans cars,i am a marshal in the UK and also at Le Mans thats where the interest comes from.I thought i would try something a little different so i have built a couple of trucks and enjoyed it,i have recently been over to the USA and stayed with friends in Hood River Oregon and on our tours out and about i got the bug again and would now like to model a logging truck and trailer,if anyone knows of such a kit i would love to buy one,i recently came upon this site and thought it is a great way to chat to modelers who like the same things  Many thanks  Mel 

Welcome to the site Mel. I live just outside of Newport Oregon,  and I just knew you had to be building a log truck. 

Welcome!! AMT does a log trailer in 1/25, it is out of production but not hard to find on the internet. as for a power unit you can use a number of AMT kits including the like the Western Star or International Paystarand for a few.  AITM does resin cab conversions to do purpose built power units that use AMT Autocar, Peterbilt or Kenworth Chassis'

https://aitruckmodels.com/product-category/conversionkits/

71r1xl95EPL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.a0a1f2c5483e97cf77d590291ff3ef8b.jpg

14 hours ago, discodave said:

Welcome Mel! Found online, ships outside the US. Hobbylinc.com

0A311EB9-8889-4E52-A6E9-7AE92D4634CB.pnghi many thanks for the reply i will order one now but i realy would like the truck with the rear unit mounted on to the  tractor cab    cheers Mel

Yup you got it thats the one i want looks like some conversion work to do or is that how it makes up,i want one  please   

Hi thanks Bully i also need to find a supplier for 1/25 chain as i would like to add some chains /hooks and maybe a bucket to hang on a hook with some coiled rope hanging in the frame behind the cab ,any body know of such a company  Cheers  Mel

On 12/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, Mel said:

Hi thanks Bully i also need to find a supplier for 1/25 chain as i would like to add some chains /hooks and maybe a bucket to hang on a hook with some coiled rope hanging in the frame behind the cab ,any body know of such a company  Cheers  Mel

http://www.b-n-lresins.com/shoppingopencart/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-model-model-Towing-Chain

You can also  look to the 1/35 Armor modeler sites for heavy recovery chain and cables sets, while heavy duty for the 1/35 armor are perfect for 1/25 trucks. An other thing I do is look at cheap necklaces for chains.      Paul

Edited by 41CHEVY