Jersee Jerry55

AMT White Western Star on the bench

I have been slowly working on an AMT White Western Star cab for a little bit. Going for that  mid-late 1970's O/O leased to a carrier effect. The cab, hood, and mercury "Hot Box" sleeper are painted in Rustoleum Gloss Meadow Green as seen in the picture. The frame will be painted in a bright yellow. Going with 10 hole wheels on the front, and spoke "wagon wheels" on the rears. As I have been going through the parts and separating them I have discovered I am missing the hood hinges, the brake cylinders for the rear wheels, and the two bottom rails that glue into the sleeper to raise it up off of the frame. Not sure where to find replacements. So if anyone has any ideas I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you.

IMG_2705.jpg

On 6/7/2019 at 12:00 PM, Jersee Jerry55 said:

I have been slowly working on an AMT White Western Star cab for a little bit. Going for that  mid-late 1970's O/O leased to a carrier effect. The cab, hood, and mercury "Hot Box" sleeper are painted in Rustoleum Gloss Meadow Green as seen in the picture. The frame will be painted in a bright yellow. Going with 10 hole wheels on the front, and spoke "wagon wheels" on the rears. As I have been going through the parts and separating them I have discovered I am missing the hood hinges, the brake cylinders for the rear wheels, and the two bottom rails that glue into the sleeper to raise it up off of the frame. Not sure where to find replacements. So if anyone has any ideas I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you.

IMG_2705.jpg

Try conacing AMT / Round2. They could hve them as it is a fairly current kit.   Paul

I like the color!! On the hinges, I would make my own. I'm not a big fan of the kit hinges anyway. I use dollhouse hinges from Hobby Lobby cut in half. On the brake cylinders, these have wedge brakes just like the Freightliner kit which can easily found at Hobby Lobby and gotten with a 40% off coupon.