Sign in to follow this  
41CHEVY

Yard Parts Ford LN8000

Since the minor snag on my Terrapro and finishing two Chevies (in the Show Room) I figured I'd start this as I've been tossing parts for it in the box for a few years. Power is a naturally aspired Cummins with a 10 speed. It intrudes into the cab a bit. Rear suspension is from some AMT unknown truck kit. Wheels and tires will be a mix from the Autocar dump truck with fronts a back dated set of Alcos. There will be a Mercury sleeper added but through cab access is undecided as of now.

Cummins is just set in location with the mounts made up. The new dog house is fabbed up with just a bit of filling on one seam needed and the dash has an 1/8" cut off between the steering column and the end of gauge panel.  Chassis was shortened 2 full inches and I made the steer axle turn-able.    Paul

DSCF0742-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0743-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0746-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0749-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0750-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0751-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

14 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Very nice!! I did a similar project a while back.

It's therapy to build a project with saved parts, imagineering and a basic idea.

Got a lot done the past 3 days. Interior done less clutter, chassis painted dark blue, sleeper fitted to cab and the body in color.    Paul

DSCF0755-vi.jpg
DSCF0752-vi.jpg
DSCF0753-vi.jpg
DSCF0754-vi.jpg

8 hours ago, Vince P said:

Paul that's looking really nice. 

Like the Mercury sleeper adds justvthevright touch. 

Thanks. It was a bit of work to fit it to the Ford cab, wasn't really sure if it would be worth it.

ot a bit more done. Cab and sleeper are mounted and the hood is assembled with a homemade set of hinges. Works fairly well. I think I'm going to slide the hood off and put in a set of basic inner fender wells just to close the big hole up. Should be easy as they appear to be just a flat piece. (famous last words :) )    Paul

DSCF0760-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0761-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0762-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki