Sign in to follow this  
Joris

Parts Box Pete

Over the years I have accumulated many leftover parts, aftermarket parts and what not; most of them Peterbilt parts. I figured there might be a complete truck hiding in them all, and set out to see how far I got. I had a 378 hood already converted to a 379-119, Peterbilt cab and sleeper parts, so the make and model were easily determined.

The one thing I didn't have, however, was a spare engine. KFS sorted that problem with their CAT 3406 kit; sadly discontinued as well. Somewhere in the pars I found a second drive shaft that was a little longer and sturdier that a normal one, so I figured a "Canadian Spread" would be nice. Also a flattop, since I had the 63" sleeper flat roof part lying around. 
For the Canadian look, I ordered Cooney decals from (yes, again) www.modeltruckin.com. I'm very happy with their products!
I had a little help from some Canadian friends in them sending over reference pics of Cooney Peterbilts.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the result; in my Big Move 3 years ago I lost a mudflap however, I still need to cut a new one… And make some outside pics.

DSC04690.JPG

DSC04691.JPG

DSC04692.JPG

DSC04694.JPG

DSC04709.JPG

DSC04710.JPG

DSC04811.JPG

DSC04812.JPG

DSC04813.JPG

DSC04814.JPG

DSC04815.JPG

DSC04816.JPG

• Like 1

First off beautiful looking build super clean and fantastic next question what do you mean by Canadian Spread ?? Yes I am new to building trucks and also from Canada ???