Sign in to follow this  
Sam I am

Another newbie

Hey all, 

Been a closet model truck fan for decades but built my first one about five years ago, then boxed everything up and moved 1400 miles, then built my second one last month. lol

My father-in-law drives truck, and has for over half of his 74 years. The last 35+ have been behind the wheel of a dump truck, first was a 1983 Mack, and  Kenworth since 1996, his current ride being a 2017 T800. I have collected most of the needed parts to replicate both the Mac and the Kenworth. He also drove for CF years ago and I have collected things for that as well.  I also came across a huge collection of truck stuff five years ago. So I am pretty much set for life when it comes to trucks. 

I actually bought a set of fenders five years ago from the parts store but just found out about the forum today. I  have been building models since I was 5 but consider myself a total ignoramus when it comes to trucks. I look forward to watching, learning, and hopefully being able to contribute some, to what looks like a site full of valuable information.

Sam

Welcome! Trucks can be addictive, I had enough to last my life time but always find an other one I just have to buy. figure it'll keep me alive to finish them.   :)

17 hours ago, 41CHEVY said:

Welcome! Trucks can be addictive, I had enough to last my life time but always find an other one I just have to buy. figure it'll keep me alive to finish them.   :)

I have that same philosophy!!!! Buy more, stay alive longer to build them!!!! YUP!! lol

Welcome to another familiar ‘face’😎.  Ya, I have more rig kits than I’ll ever build, but, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it....( ya, I have a plastic addiction....)

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Tbill said:

Welcome to another familiar ‘face’😎.  Ya, I have more rig kits than I’ll ever build, but, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it....( ya, I have a plastic addiction....)

I’m with you on that one!!!