Sign in to follow this  
41CHEVY

Mack Terrapro

Started with the cab which was a MB resin cab from Models by Dave. Made a Terrapro grill and surround, headlight bezels and signal units, slam lock handles from the Revell Century Wrecker. Color is some medium metallic blue that was left over from an R model and DM600 Flintstone builds. Last of my OEM Mack color.

Chassis is next,I'll start with Evergreen 5/16 I beam and mill it down to the proper C channel, cross members will be made from assorted Plastruct I beams and Z shapes. Clearance lights are some stick on chrome items for decorating guitars.  Paul

DSCF0626-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0623-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0624-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0625-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Chassis is coming along,with a 220" wheel base. I have the suspension on and need to finish some brackets, stiffening plating and add some Tiche bolts and rivets. Machined PVC down to the diameter I need for the fuel tanks and Uria tank. Made them slip fit into an other piece of PVC pipe which I will machine down the wall thickness to 3/64" than I'll use my micro saw to slice off 8 pieces to split for tank brackets.
Last I started to rough up a MP7 Mack engine from an old R model block. Still need to cut off bell housing to make the "modern" style one and rough up a M-drive for it. I'll make it nice after all the major parts are fabbed up.
The part I dread is the DPF and exhaust unit.   Paul

DSCF0648-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0647-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0646-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0649-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0650-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0651-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
DSCF0652-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

7902540962_10c63fdf53_b-vi.jpg

Got a bit more work done on the MP7 and the M Drive, some bits and a ton of bolts and the common rail injector feed. I also got the motor mounts made to test the fit under the cab interior tub. Than today I finished up the chassis and engine to put on some paint. That was a spur of the moment idea for paint so no photos until tomorrow when I get home from Nova Scotia.  Paul

DSCF0657-vi.jpg

DSCF0656-vi.jpg

DSCF0655-vi.jpg

DSCF0654-vi.jpg

Got quite a bit more done as I was home for 3 days.  Got the cab tilt done, air cleaner assembly,  muffler, catalytic converter and regen unit fitted up. Cut down a pup trailer to 24 feet and test fitted it. Made up front bumper mounts and widened a DM 800 bumper to fit. Working up a pair of fuel tanks and a Uria tank for it now.     Paul

DSCF0671-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0672-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0673-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0674-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0679-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCF0680-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• Like 1