Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Kerry

How do you display your rigs?

Easy enough question right? I've been curious to know how everyone displays their trucks and /or trailers. Do you have a glass display case? Open shelves? custom lexan covers? I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, if it has I'm sorry. I'm just curious to know how everyone displays their works of art.. That and trying to get ideas of how I want to display mine! Post photos if you don't mind, if you don't want to or can't post pics that's ok too!

Thanks in advance and can't wait to see your displays!!

Doc

The non semis are on shelves with a pair of glass doors and I have a double shelf set up I'm building now that will go around the top of my "allowed" man room.    Paul

I need to find a way to display my trucks. Right now I have them in cardboard flats on a shelf. Just to keep them safe.

I don't necessarily display mine but I do keep them stacked neatly in individual display cases that I buy at Hobby Lobby. The display cases keep them safe, secure and darn near 99.99% dust free which keeps me from having to wash them.  They stack nicely on top of each other.  I have the tires chocked with pieces of stick-on house door weather stripping. That keeps the models in place and keeps them from shifting during transportation when I show them at model shows. I believe the measurements for the case I buy at Hobby Lobby are roughly Length 15-3/4 x W 7-1/4 x H-6 1/2. So far they've worked great for conventional trucks both 1/24th and 1/25th scale but I have had a couple COE's be just a tad bit too tall for the case.

Edited by Mark 1
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, Mark 1 said:

I don't necessarily display mine but I do keep them stacked neatly in individual display cases that I buy at Hobby Lobby. The display cases keep them safe, secure and darn near 99.99% dust free which keeps me from having to wash them.  They stack nicely on top of each other.  I have the tires chocked with pieces of stick-on house door weather stripping. That keeps the models in place and keeps them from shifting during transportation when I show them at model shows. I believe the measurements for the case I buy at Hobby Lobby are roughly Length 15-3/4 x W 7-1/4 x H-6 1/2. So far they've worked great for conventional trucks both 1/24th and 1/25th scale but I have had a couple COE's be just a tad bit too tall for the case.

I just have mine on an open shelf right now.. Be nice to get some cases for them to keep the dust off of them..

On 11/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

FAF13DB8-1217-4424-9A02-0D7407D95A71.thumb.jpeg.d870c6f54caf1c1ee0fe1f72ef0143c1.jpeg

Looks good. I see a lot of the trucks I’ve enjoyed watching you build on the forums. Those clear cases on top of the red cabinet are the large ones from Hobby Lobby, correct?

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

Looks good. I see a lot of the trucks I’ve enjoyed watching you build on the forums. Those clear cases on top of the red cabinet are the large ones from Hobby Lobby, correct?

Thanks!

Yes sir, all the clear plastic cases are from Hobby Lobby. 

• Thanks 1