Sign in to follow this  
dsldriver

1948 Corbitt 25TG sleepercab.

This started out with the AITM Corbitt kit. I used a shortened Louisville Short Hauler chassis. The engine will be an approximate replica of a Continental 22R gas engine that was used in most of these trucks. I cut the hood open and stretched the cab for the sleeper. The gas tanks are made from PVC plastic pipe with styrene ends.

corbitt02.jpg

corbitt03.jpg

corbitt06.jpg

corbitt08.jpg

corbitt10.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plastic trucker said:

Nice start. What's the engine you used to start with?

The engine siting in there is from the Monogram 1931 Rolls Royce kit. My mission is to make it look like a Continental 22R truck engine. Since that picture, I switched the intake manifold to the right side along with the updraft carburetor. I'll have to scratch build a couple items, but the engines look amazingly similar.

e0e498a5-d3a8-4ab6-8eaa-4298.jpg

Very unique project! Can't wait to see progress. The engine choice is excellent! I'll Have to see if I can find on of those R R kits to us the engine in a future project.   Paul

Still working on the engine for this one. I removed the funky looking transmission and added one from the Lindberg Dodge L-700. Painted the engine the Continental colors.

IMG_20180603_203428.jpg

IMG_20180603_203529.jpg